Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inspired by a Cupcake

In true procrastinating form, I'm going to blog before homework-ing (which is a real sin because the amount of homework I have is MINISCULE compared to normal... although to be fair, three days a week I get out of class at 10pm, so I basically only have Wednesday).

First of all, I had the BEST CUPCAKE EVER the other day! And honestly, I regularly like cupcakes aesthetically, but don't often LOVE to eat them. Not this one, baby. It was from a place called Sprinkles and it was a chocolate peanut butter cupcake. The real miracle was that it has this peanut butter frosting that called to mind the delicious dollop of sweet peanut butter that the Cheesecake Factory puts on that peanut butter chocolate cheesecake. The very cheesecake made me swiftly forget my former aversion to the treat (I had a cheesecake vomiting incident as a child...).

Not only that, but the ladies at Present Pictures took me to lunch (YES!) and we had Vietnamese, which was also quite pleasurable. Tuesday was just a lucky food day.

In other news, I'm going up to San Francisco this weekend to hang out with Caroline and then I'm going to scoot over to Berkeley (really Albany) to hang out with Matt and Elena. And Julia, Corina, and Ari are all going to be in town next week!! I'm SOOO HAPPY!! Also, I'm pretty excited for the drive. On my last drives, I was prevented from singing, either because of health issues or because of the presence of passengers. I gave myself a little preview of my fun times by singing nearly the entire soundtrack to The Nightmare Before Christmas in the parking lot before entering the apartment today. I LOVE that soundtrack. The more I think about that movie, the more fantastic I think it is. What a GREAT concept! And how lucky that they were able to use claymation. I wonder how often a claymation script gets picked up. Rarely, I venture to guess.

I had a sad AND cool incident today at The Young and the Restless (two separate incidents). Unfortunately, I don't think I can talk about them in a public forum... so... you can just know that the sad thing isn't DEVASTATING (at least not on a real huge level) and the cool thing isn't going to make my entire life (although it was pretty cool). I realize this is just an annoying paragraph, but at some point I'm going to look back and I'LL remember the sad and cool thing.
But yeah... sorry about this paragraph.

I'm nearly finished rewatching Friends. I can't believe I did that again... but I just get sucked in. That show is SO GOOD! Friends and Harry Potter. I just can't get enough.

LOVE having the new clothes. Although I've noticed that more than half of my shoes are brown... as are a good number of my pants and shirts. I'm just loving the brown right now, apparently. It reminds me of high school when I suddenly realized that half of what I owned was Superfresh green. Sad day...

I bought a 2-liter of Coke the other day and it tastes like death. The unfortunate part is that I continue to drink it because apparently my mentality is better to have bad Coke than no Coke at all. Lame. Although I have been drinking it slower, so it could be a blessing in disguise.

Okay, I'm ready to work now (/watch more Friends and then cry over the work I have to do).

2 comments:

Claire said...

I made 24 cupcakes today! Because I LOVE cupcakes. I'm seriously obsessed with them. Your peanut butter one sounds awesome.

The Lady Me said...

I feel as though my weather can compete with your weather today. IT'S SO NICE OUT! And I am stuck behind my desk at work....sigh.

In other news, cupcakes and cheesecake are delicious.

ALSO, I understand your love for friends and Harry Potter - mostly Harry Potter - which I could watch/read for the rest of my life and be content.