Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Surreal Life

I am getting SOOOO EXCITED!! Obviously I can't talk about the movie, but the crew list that was sent out has MY NAME ON IT! Awesome!!! There's more, but alas you just have to talk to me in person to find out (I encourage it).

I CAN tell you that I made this delicious vegetable wrap for lunch on Thursday, but very sadly forgot it at home. It was a beautiful day, so I decided to walk down the street and see what I could eat there. I came across a small burger place (Carney's), went in, and you know who was at the counter? Kevin Dillon! I vaguely remembered hearing in the office that Entourage was filming across the street, but I didn't think anything of it. Anyway, then I had a chili burger for like... $3.50. Awesome.

Later I ran some errands, and when I came back they were filming outside DIRECTLY across the street. I saw Adrian Grenier AND Kevin Dillon. RIGHT across the street. My life is so surreal. Especially because I saw Rufus Sewell (the bad guy in A Knight's Tale and the king in Tristan and Isolde) at the post office the other day. His voice caught my ear, I turned around, and there he was making jokes with the post office people.

I went to see Date Night last night. I just had to since I am clearly they're KEY demographic. The only two shows I don't miss in the week are The Office and 30 Rock. I felt obligated. Regardless, it was fine-- I laughed, but it wasn't life changing and some of it was a little annoying but I quickly forgave because I liked all the people. Plus, I semi-spontaneously went because I got out of work a half hour early (technically an hour early, but I usually get off a half hour early from CBS) and I decided to just plug in "movie theater" in my GPS and see where it takes me.

Side note: I was looking through the theaters and I saw one on some street and I speculated that I had seen that theater before. I HAD! I know that's not a triumph for real people, and I know it SOUNDS like I'm exaggerating, but when I got to the theater I couldn't believe that I saw the theater and the street name and correctly visualized the right place. Groundbreaking.

Anyway, the parking situation was 3 hours free, $3 for 2 additional hours. So I got there at about 5:27pm and the movie started at 6:50pm. The movie was over at 8:30-something and I lamented over how I would have to pay $3 for like... 10 minutes of time. But they didn't charge me! So that was awesome. Even though I'm probably still not going there again because the ticket was $13.50! I don't know what this industry is thinking about!

Plus, I went in and ALL the previews were for super bloated budget movies. I saw the preview for that Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie. It had like... every special effect ever. I like action movies a lot, but I don't like a montage of every crazy stunt someone could ever do in every element they can do it in. It's not very organic. Plus, either their date was moved back or they have been advertising this film FOREVER because I feel like I've been seeing the previews since before Avatar. But the whole time, as everyone around me mumbled about lame-ness, I thought about how many AMAZING movies they could make with that budget. Hell, they probably paid Cameron and Cruise $10,000,000 + each. More importantly, I didn't see any advertisements for a good Juno or Little Miss Sunshine or the like. I guess it is summer though. And to be a little contradictory, I am PPPUUUUMMMPED about Iron Man 2. Seriously, I think I may buy my tickets in advance. Catch it opening night. That would be awesome. I am so excited!

Also, I just want to say that I love Steve Carrell, but he needs to take a break after Dinner for Shmucks. I'm just a little Carrell-ed out.

It's almost scrapbook making time! Last one of the college years!

Ooo, also there are some scary/sad things to think about. Moving. Final projects. Money. But... not for today (or at least on the blog).

If, when I was 9, I imagined what it would feel like two weeks before graduating college, I would have NEVER predicted the complacency that I feel right now. I only casually think about it. If I was 9, I would have thought I would be feeling the stomach flip excitement that I used to get trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve. I don't even think I'm as excited as I was when I graduated high school. Not to say I'm not SUPER excited about what I'm going to be doing! What I'm already doing! But... I am neither upset nor particularly pleased to leave college. I'm shmena. Or maybe it hasn't hit me yet.


3 comments:

Claire said...

First of all, I definitely want to hear more about your job!

Second, I am also rather meh about graduating. I'm not really sad, like I was in high school because I'd be leaving my friends, or that excited/terrified like I was in high school over going somewhere new. Because... I'm obviously not going anywhere new any time soon. And I'll miss my friends, but I'm also going back home, where I also have friends, so it's not as scary or sad.

Mostly, I think I am really glad to be done writing papers!

The Lady Me said...

I want to hear about your job too!!

I, on the other hand, am feeling very unsettled these days. I don't know how to feel about anything. My show just ended a week or so ago - so there is the sadness that goes along with that change in pace - especially since I was very sick with the flu for the performances so I didn't even hang out with the cast at all that weekend. It feels like something is missing.

And now, suddenly, I'm being thrust toward the end of the semester. Job interviews, valedictorian interviews, school work, trying to hang out with friends I'll never see again it feels like - all of this pressure, I feel like I can't care about anything because it would be unfair to something else.

In summary after a long rant. I don't care about graduation for fear of caring about it way too much.

End of my dramatic moment...

Blythe said...

That actually sounds like a LOOOOT of pressure and I don't envy you at all -- especially on top of ending a show, which I know can be crazy depressing!

Also, I guess there is a huge difference between your experience and mine, since I essentially (did) said goodbye to all of my friends before Christmas. Plus, even though in the long run, the job I have now is too brief to be secure, in the short run I feel like I have a job.

But either way, we're almost done with school FOREVER! It's just crazy to think about!

(and I won't jinx it by saying anything about valedictorian, but... you know what I'm thinking!)