Saturday, April 3, 2010

In What am I Going to Live?

Well, today I decided to take a gander at the apartment situation. Of course, I already know that the closer to the move in date, the better opportunities there are. But when I went to craigslist to see what's up, I realized I have no idea what I want. This is hard!

Do I want to actually get an apartment and have a lease? Then I will have to stay for a certain amount of time. Should I do that with a roommate? What if I have to leave? What are the ODDS that I'll have to leave?!

Otherwise maybe I should sublet for the summer. But then I have to move again soon no matter what. And that means I can't get any furniture, because lord knows I'll have no one and no resources to help me move. Oh god.

I also saw an option where I could essentially get a dorm room and pay $500 per month. I mean... a dorm room. Again. Although I would be alone.

Plus what about roommates? Can I live with a 25 year old man? Or other such bizarre circumstances? What about Cassidy, my old friend who suggested we live together with his girlfriend? What about Devon's friend who I can call?

This is really going to be a journey, people.

In other news, I finally finished Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin. It was completely satisfying. Although it does destroy my fantasy of seeing her on the street and having her sign my book, since I carried it around in my bag all month. Oh well. I've just started Blink and it is already blowing my mind. I am not shocked at all, but I am thoroughly pleased.

I am on the cusp of final projects, which is basically a tragedy. I essentially haven't had any major homework yet this semester, although I contend that I am already stretched in terms of working hours. But this will be my last school struggle, and that's exciting. I see this step as equivalent to hitting $32,000 in Who Wants To Be a Millionaire. After I get this degree, I always have it no matter what happens later. I feel secure. Being a college graduate will always be an important feather in my cap that no one can take away. Awesome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yessssss blink! i'm so glad.
Amelia

Blythe said...

I'm so glad you read my blog!!! That is SO nice of you!

The Lady Me said...

Hey Blythe,

This is completely unconnected to ANYTHING you wrote in this entry, but do you watch Glee? I feel as though it is something you'd watch. I ask because I am listening to the Glee Pandora Station as I sit here.