Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quip on Pilot Season

Pilot season is crazy!!

Again, while I rarely talk about work, I need to speak about the chaos. The entire time I've been at this job, people have dropped ominous messages about pilot season. "We need to make sure you're all trained for pilot season." "Make sure everything's organized for pilot season." "Just make sure your head shots are ready for pilot season." Pilot season starts right after winter break and while it was evident that we were in pilot season from the beginning and I've been actively more busy since then, it is only in the past two weeks that I've fully (hopefully fully) grasped the desperation, the equal parts joy and frustration, the bouts of love and hatred. It's pretty stimulating for a desk job. Organization is key. It's really just like Christmas. The goal is that the presents and Christmas spirit will outweigh the gift and family anxiety.

2 comments:

Claire said...

That sounds scary... but the Christmas analogy makes it sound more fun...

Blythe said...

It's not SCAAARY per se, because no one yells at me, which is allegedly a rare treat in this business.