Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bitch Fest Before Take-off

Everything is just a big mess! Actually, everything is pretty much solved, but only after tremendous emotional breakdowns on my part. Yes I'm being dramatic, but I don't care. I really don't. Plus, the real trauma (the act of driving for 6 hours when I'm pretty sure I don't actually know HOW to drive), is still in the future. Plus, the secondary trauma of being with my family-- also in the future.

Honest to god, if turkey wasn't also in the future...

But I would like to give some shout outs to my emotional stabilizers:
1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. HILAAAARIOUS!!!! I've been watching the show regularly for a while, but only after watching the older episodes online have I discovered its true miraculousness. HILARIOUS!
2. Naps. Never underestimate the escapism power of sleep.
3. Singing during commercials. My dad told me once that he thinks your body craves vibrations and that's why you feel better when you sing. I'm gonna go with that.
4. Bridget Jones.
5. Caller ID. I'm not necessarily proud, but I would like to reflect on much needed time to concoct answers given to us by the miracle of caller ID.
6. Soda.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Are you driving yourself home? Daaamn, I'm afraid to drive home two hours by myself! But then, I am a huge wimp.