Friday, October 29, 2010

Blythe Influx

I have to take back the compliment I gave to 500 Days of Summer on the fact that the breakup scene isn't shown. That is false. There IS a breakup scene. I didn't watch the first 10 minutes the last time and I missed it. I love the film no less, but I wanted to clarify that error.

Watched The Hangover last night. Kevin has been telling me for months that it was highly HIGHLY overrated and while I trust his movie opinions thoroughly, it seemed unlikely that it could be so poor given how much EVERYONE else liked it and it won a Golden Globe. Turns out, in my opinion, he was absolutely right. My official stance on the matter is, if you need a great slapstick, pass on The Hangover and check out Pineapple Express. That was HILARIOUS!

Recently, my name has been everywhere. My name NOT referring to me. It's HIGHLY disconcerting.
1. A woman that my manager converses with a lot and refers to a lot. I've just never had an experience in which someone was regular saying my name, but not talking to me.
2. I was reading breakdowns for upcoming movies and a lead character of a new movie is named Blythe.
3. I saw an add for Blythe dolls on TV!
4. Blythe Solar Power Project- learned from Natalya.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/biggest-solar-project-in-_n_773655.html

Movie I'm interested in today:

127 Hours.
Sounds gripping a la Castaway or Into the Wild. Plus, Danny Boyle is quickly becoming my favorite director with Slumdog Millionaire, (the last film I had to see in the theater twice) Trainspotting (in my top 6), and 28 Days Later (top 5 horror (although I don't really like 5 horror movies... so it's not a HUGE compliment)), and The Beach (I don't even care... I really like that movie even if it wasn't terribly well received). Also, let us not forget the miracle of James Franco.

Hesher.
It already came out, I believe, but here is the Imdb synopsis: Hesher is a loner. He hates the world and everyone in it. He has long greasy hair and homemade tattoos. He is malnourished and smokes a lot of cigarettes. He likes fire and blowing things up. He lives in his van, until he meets TJ.
Joseph Gordon Levitt, Natalie Portman, and Rainn Wilson. I'm down.

Black Swan.
Did we already talk about this? I was skeptical at first because Requiem for a Dream was a one time movie (I've seen it twice... but... I didn't need to. I'll probably only see it... twice more before I die). Didn't see The Wrestler-- too Joni Mitchell. Pi-- couldn't watch it to save my life. I tried twice and lost a battle with unconsciousness both times. The Fountain was pretty but... I couldn't understand it at ALL. HOWEVER, the Black Swan trailer is KILLER and... I don't think I can resist a scary ballet thriller with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis.

2 comments:

Claire said...

1. You are the only Blythe I know. Nice.

2. I 100% agree about The Hangover - totally overrated.

3. I'm dying to see 127 Hours and Hesher, but who knows when that'll happen...

4. I never heard of Black Swan, but it looks AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

Blythe..... we HAVE to see Black Swan, I've been waiting for it forever!
And I need to use my miles up to come and see you