Thursday, October 28, 2010

Obama and Stewart (FINALLY, My Tastes Return)

I had one of those days yesterday when the date sticks out in your mind as important, but you have no idea why. It's a little ominous actually. HOWEVER, I was THRILLED when I got home because the day marked President Obama on The Daily Show!! Which I watched because housesitting offers me cable!

First of all, I felt an enormous wave of admiration for Jon, which always happens. I was so impressed because he got right into it, he was respectful and funny and listened more than he spoke, but when he spoke, he didn't dance around the stuff that he's disappointed about. Also, he didn't fawn over Obama, which is what I would have done (obvs).

Obama convinced me that he's doing okay, but that really only bummed me out ultimately, because the entire thing highlighted the fact that I've stopped paying attention.. I didn't even get my absentee ballot, which makes me feel terrible. TERRIBLE. More terrible because I didn't even feel terrible about it until last night when Obama asked ME to vote. Crraap!

I HAVE to start watching The Daily Show and Colbert Report daily again. Not because I should get my news from them (as they always say), but so they can get me excited about current events so I feel inclined to look things up myself. Also, I love them so much. I need to push past the slow internet situation.

Oooo... it was jizz-tastic though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appropriate: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/biggest-solar-project-in-_n_773655.html

Natalya

Blythe said...

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!
It means the happy and carefree solar power project!