Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eggplant Miracle

Job situation is even better. I am regularly employed 4 days a week, but am often working at least partially through the fifth day.

More importantly, my friends at Present Pictures asked me to dog-sit/house-sit!! HURRAH! I can talk on the phone in my house! I can cook without fear! I made eggplant parmesan!! PLUS, I get to hang with dogs all day! AAAAAND it's WAY closer to work. It took me like... 20 minutes to get to work today, rather than the hour and 15 it usually takes. HUGE.

Let's return to the meal. Kevin gave me detailed instructions, although I added pasta on my own accord. The real miracle was that I was certain I was undercooking the eggplant, but the miracle was that I always forget that you barely have to cook vegetables at all. The eggplant was delicious after only 2 minutes in the frying pan. Plus, after it went in the oven, it tasted the way eggplant usually tastes! Miracle. Also, the eggplants were fresh from the garden!! How glorious!
NOTE: don't just go and fry eggplants right now! You have to prepare them first by drying them out-ish. Look it up!

Tonight I'm making guacamole!

The movies I'm excited about today: All Good Things (Ryan Gosling, Kirsten Dunst, Kristen Wiig, Frank Langella). Looks scary. Also, Gosling looks incredibly youthful. He's not aging as fast as everyone else. He's got Elizabeth Harnois syndrome (but obviously not quite since she is a vampire).

Also, MORE excited for Restless with Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper (never heard of him, but I'm on board. Mia Wasikowska is in everything now. I'm for it. I didn't see Alice in Wonderland and I thought she was absolutely regular in The Kids Are Alright, but I have so much faith in her future.

Maybe I'll do a regular "movies I'm excited about now" section. I think I shall. The miracle is that sometimes I read my old blogs and I see the jillions of movies I've listed that I wanted to see. Miraculously, I see MOST of these movies at some point. I guess I live in perpetual movie-watching self-doubt, but I'm surprised to know my rate of success is pretty high.

No comments: