Saturday, July 19, 2008

Food is LAME

Before I begin, let me just point out that before this summer, I have always been fed regularly. And even now I get a free-ish lunch ($40 a week). So really, I have to come up with dinner (breakfast is obviously a piece of cake (not literally, obviously) even though I've never eaten breakfast regularly in my ENTIRE LIFE until now-- for REAL) every night.

Here's the sitch: in the beginning, cooking is new and exciting. I bought a pan and a can opener and some utensils. I learned to make one of my favorite meals that my mother makes (even if I did essentially make vinegar chicken the first time). I encouraged others to help me learn new ways to cook. But now-- OVER IT! I've eaten rosemary chicken and tuna casserole about a jillion times. All of my stuff keeps going bad because I forget about it. Shopping is lame. I'm tired after I get home from work, and I'm not usually that hungry. I ate tuna on crackers for dinner four times (which is awesome on the wallet, btw)!!!

Anyway, I went grocery shopping for maybe... the second time this summer today. I got home, put my stuff away, came on the computer, and lost all inclinations to cook.
ALTHOUGH, I understand that I'm being a total jerk and that a lot of people don't eat NOT because of a laziness affliction, but because there isn't any food available. AND I appreciate my mother for cooking a few times a week.

No comments: