Thursday, July 31, 2008

Superheroes

I just saw Ironman today. It was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I already saw The Dark Knight (well... everyone has), and I have to say I preferred Ironman by a LOT! Barring, of course, Heath Ledger's character who was really unbelievable. Here is why I thought Ironman was more fun to watch (as a character and as a movie) (and let me preface by saying that I really did enjoy The Dark Knight):

1. the movie was FUNNY!!! Obviously Batman has his moments (except not really...) and the Joker is funny too... but mostly it's more of a bummer. Ironman was non-stop laughs!

2. the soundtrack REALLY added to the film. It was powerful, but more light-hearted. It made me want to kick some ass instead of feel sad and scared.

3. Gwenyth Paltrow is better than Maggie and Katie combined times 15. And she's not even stellar. They just REALLY BLEW! And they were way uglier... sorry to judge on that scale but... I don't feel THAT bad because I don't judge REAL people on their attractiveness (a lot...).

4. Ironman doesn't take himself so seriously. He makes jokes even when he's dying or hurt.

5. I'd rather bang Robert Downey Jr. than Christian Bale... an opinion I solidified after watching Ironman.

6. There isn't that much female conflict. Ironman knows that he loves the girl and he light-heartedly tells her all the time. Even though he's a playboy superhero. And he doesn't even need the secret identity bullshit.

I LOVE IRONMAN!! GET IT??

And on a completely side subject, dryer sheets have like... a JILLION uses. I feel like every day I'm learning something new about dryer sheets. They can a) soften your clothes, b) de-frizz your hair, c) make a spoof, and d) kill cockroaches. BUY DRYER SHEETS! (<- consumer plug)

1 comment:

Claire said...

Two things: I have NOT seen Dark Knight, and dryer sheets are bad for the environment!

That aside, I can't WAIT for next week to be here!!!