Monday, March 2, 2009

Bob Dylan is a Gemini/Why Bother Reading This Anymore...

I know I have Bob Dylan word-vomit. This, too, shall pass (probs?).

BUT it occurred to me that I never looked him up in my birthday book. 
Now, I've gotten to the point (/I KIND OF always do this with people that I admire) where when I'm doing things, particularly Bob Dylan related, I ask myself whether, from what I know of Bob Dylan, he would like what I'm doing? For instance, I'm sure he would approve of me watching his movies... but I felt guilty when I looked up pictures of him and his family. He would DEFINITELY like me singing or arranging his songs or even adding to his songs that have particular meaning for me. He probably wouldn't appreciate me categorizing him (or myself) in any way, but he probably wouldn't mind the idea floating in my head... as long as it isn't put to words. He would DEFINITELY understand why I don't like to tell people where I'm going or why I'm afraid of routines. He would DEFINITELY want me to take a year off of school after I graduate. He 1000% would want me to read the paper and be as informed as possible. He would want me to go abroad. He probably wouldn't be too pleased that I ONLY listen to him, but he wouldn't be disturbed or surprised to know that he really speaks to me. And, to make this paragraph actually relate to what I was talking about, I think Bob Dylan would approve of me looking him up in the birthday book as he believes in psychics (and now I do... except I'm kidding... except I'm 20% NOT kidding)...

I mean... this is OBVIOUSLY if I was really close to Bob Dylan.... which I obviously know that I'm not. But sometimes, at least when I really admire someone, I like to see everything that I do through their eyes. And then if I feel inadequate, I like to change accordingly (although I don't always succeed... and when I do, I don't know how noticeable it is to everyone else... unless I take something up... like painting). But I think it's good to switch around the personal rubric every once in a while... reevaluate yourself... make sure you're on the track you want to be. 

ANYWAY, I looked Bob up in my birthday book ... well first of all he's a GEMINI LIKE ME... which is awesome. BUT the book wasn't that helpful because they obviously cited him as being a person born on that day... and the entire thing was EXACTLY like him... but they probably used him as part of their assessment... so in this case, I don't have that much faith. But they did describe him nicely. 

No comments: