Monday, March 2, 2009

SNOW DAY and Mom's 25 Things

First of all... MIRACULOUS SNOW DAY!! I can't even believe it! The best part about working on campus is that everything the school does, the work does! I WANT TO GO SLEDDING AND DRINK HOT CHOCOLATE! When I was younger, I tried to calculate the perfect movie to watch during a snow day... but I never got it... although I remember considering Ferris Bueller's Day Off... except that movie doesn't exactly promote sleeping in,  casual sledding, and hot chocolate... and it made me feel guilty for not getting into more trouble. It's too bad the movie Snow Day was such shit... otherwise it would have been the frontrunner just for the title. 

Also, my mom wrote her 25 things on facebook and I thought it was really nice, so I'll put it up. Also, I didn't know a lot of it... like the chicken coup thing, for instance. 

1. My kids mean the world to me (Blythe,20;Meredith,14;Matthew,10)
2. If I could, I would move to a remote Greek Isle with my kids and never come back.
3. I love the sound of the ocean crashing against the rocks.
4. I wish the world had more love and less hate in it.
5. The Phillies rock, especially Chase Utley's butt, which is made of rock!
6. I love Mango margaritas and long beautiful sunsets.
7. I miss my Aunt Jackie- who died of breast cancer 1 1/2 years ago.
8. I love to take photographs of nature, the ocean and of course, my kids.
9. School is fun--I love learning new and interesting things.
10. Wish i could convince my kids of the same
11. I always try to keep my heart and mind wide open even though it means sometimes getting hurt in the process.
12. My motto is that life is what you make of it and its never too late.
13.I love concord grapes and would love to learn to make champagne (sparkling wine)
14. I drive a Prius and am very proud and happy about the gas preservation.
15. I recycle just about everything.
16. I'm going to incubate and hatch some real chickens, build a coup and raise them with some help from a friend who is a professional-- fresh eggs for life.
17. I'm so grateful for face book and all the people I have been able to reconnect with--I love you guys!
18. I'm new to mac and still trying to figure it out.
19. I'm considering a career change, thinking about becoming a counselor.
20. One of my patients named her baby after me.
21. The only things i watch on TV are crime shows and movies.
22. I thought Hugh Jackman rocked as host for the Oscars, though I would have watched even if he just read from the dictionary--love the accent!
23. My daughter Blythe has the most amazing singing voice which I like to think she inherited from me.
24. I love animals and all my animals are adopted from shelters and we volunteer at the same shelter.
25. I learned to play Mahjong from an old chinese woman( a patients grandmother) who said that I keep on losing and coming back for more which shows that I have good character.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Where is your mom going to raise chickens?