Friday, March 6, 2009

SPRING BREAK

SPRING BREAK!!!

I'm so happy!! I'm still not 1000% sure about what I want to do. POTENTIALLY I'll leave tomorrow. The plan I told my MOM was that I was going to leave Sunday, go to NY to visit Amanda and Kevin on Wednesday to Thursday and then come back for my brother's 11th birthday (Friday the 13th!). And if I came back, I might as well STAY until Sunday when Rachael could give me a free ride (although I'd obviously help with gas... but still less expensive and annoying than the bust).

Unfortunately, she caught me at an incredible moment of weakness. BUUUT I mustn't forget what ALWAYS happens when I go home... which is semi-misery punctuated with hanging out with friends (who will be quite busy) and brief moments of pleasure with my family. I'm not trying to be melodramatic... but it IS a pattern. PLUUUUS I REAAAALLY need to have some time to chill and CATCH UP ON SHIT! If I get too caught up in visiting and moping at home, I'm never going to get that.  

I need to 
1. Watch children's shows for this project. 
2. Do a rewrite on my video production 2 script. THEN I need to start thinking of everything I need (props, locations, actors), talk to my group about what we think we can get and what seems unlikely, make a production schedule, storyboard (time consuming!), make a shot script, make a set diagram... it's like ... the most INTENSE THING EVER! Plus, I should read the chapters of the book on directing. 
3. Resume draft. PLUS I have to make a concrete list of the places I want to apply to. 
4. TRY to do some Chinese anthro reading (93% on the midterm, btw!!!! HELLZ YEAH!). Plus, I need to start thinking about paper topics (yeah right!)!

Gotta say... that's not a TERRIBLE list. AND here's what I WANT to do:
1. Paint this picture of Bob Dylan. 
2. Finish my books on Bob Dylan. AND if I'm especially read-y... then I MIGHT just finish that Craig Ferguson book AND the David Sedaris book! Oh glory!

It's not an unmanageable list, I think. 

Anyway, I think I'll leave tomorrow or Sunday, follow the plan... but then instead of going back home on Thursday, I think I'll just go back to Boston. I bet my brother won't care if I'm home on his EXACT birthday. 

In OTHER news, this is the first part of my GRANDMA'S facebook message to me the other day! 
"I just find out about Craigs's List and it's in trouble. I thought it would be really cool, not for the sex stuff, but just to look for things I might need."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

ALSO, it's a countdown to the Britney concert now. I was explaining to Amanda that I'm afraid listening to so much Bob Dylan has made me a little pretentious... Bob Dylan makes me really think... and he has these incredibly interesting messages that make me look at the world a little differently... and I MIGHT be understanding poetry better (I mean... MAYBE)... and I can relate to him (or I THINK I can) a lot of the time, AAAAND he's such an interesting character of a guy... and he imbeds this huge interest in people and history and changes and patterns and romantic ideals and heros. 
ANYWAY... then I look at Britney... and she's basically socializing women to be these objectified and provocative creatures... not to be weird about it. Anyway, I have to make sure that I look at her as an entertainer... because really Britney and Bob Dylan are not the same art at all. I told Amanda that it's like comparing novels and screenplays... they SEEM like they are similar... but if you judge them in the same same way... one is going to seem FAR inferior. But that is quite narrow minded. 

SO THERE!

No comments: