Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Urine-y Weekend and More

Gracious gracious.

Big weekend. I worked on a short film which was glorious and exhausting as always. Interacted with many a-homeless (we gave them food and prayed for one of them) and smelled urine in a disturbing number of locations that were not bathrooms. I also met a shit-ton of awesome people, learned where the fabric/fashion district is (you can by SO MUCH FABRIC FOR UNDER $5 - I want to refurnish all of my things... except at last count, I only own DVD holders....) and learned where the flower district is. I learned where I can get the most delicious burrito, and I was reminded about amazing amazing Portos (although no potato balls this time). Hung out with Liz and Cassidy. More than doubled my average Mitzvah points each day, which proves EVEN MORE that my destiny is to be on set. I think the only REAL drawback is that afterwards I felt like I needed a weekend... but I just used it. It was fine though. I do HAVE to say, if only for posterity (but probs also for bragging) that I woke up at 4:50am and 5:15am on the days and got home around 7pm.

I was going to write SO MUCH MORE about it, but... then I failed.

I'm housesitting for the next couple of weeks while THE PERFECT FAMILY goes to Tribeca!!

Finished Chipmunk Meets Squirrel by David Sedaris. It was great, but pretty fucked up and appealing to what I'm sure is a very narrow audience range (a la Scott Pilgrim). But fortunately, I'm within that range and thought it glorious (a la Scott Pilgrim). I may just reread all my Sedaris again, although my coworker told me that she doesn't consider rereading a book as reading a book (clarification needed for Mitzvah game). Now I'm not sure. I ALMOST (/ kind of did) start trying to read Pride and Prejudice again ("again" referring to the multiple efforts towards reading it for the first time), but I couldn't stand it so I just watched Emma. I do love that movie, but it has too many flaws to be in a list of favorites.

I don't have an iphone, but I was reading damnyouautocorrect.com and some of them made me nearly pee my pants. This is one:



5 comments:

Natalya said...

i like this one: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/7690/wheres-dad/

Blythe said...

HA! I'm a little obsessed with that site now.

Kelli Shea said...

I love Sedaris!
One of his books was actually assigned for my Creative Writing: Nonfiction class.

Did you know his sister is Deb from Elf? The precious little receptionist who's pretty face should be on a Christmas card or whatever he says?

Yeah.
I was shocked too.

Blythe said...

I DID know about Amy Sedaris. She has the funniest interviews with David Letterman if you care to take a gander on youtube.

Also, Kelli, I'm kind of obsessed with your blog. Yours is the only blog that I read that belongs to someone I don't know in person!

The Lady Me said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh my god. That auto correct thing was HILARIOUS!! Ahhhh, hahahaha.