Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Weekend with a Small Snag

Saturday was OKAY.

I took my car to the mechanic. The good news is, he charged me only $27!!!! to fix my brake lamp, change my oil and fix my engine. The bad news is, the engine is worse than it was before. I can BARELY accelerate. I now sound like a helicopter. Lame.

I also watched Harry Potter 7.1, which I did not enjoy. It might have been a fine movie, but I was frustrated the entire time. I've read that book WAY too many times to enjoy the movie. I'd detail my... malcontented-ness, but I have more things to talk about.

Sunday was AWESOME!!

Corina and I had the following day:

1. Picked up AMAZING breakfast burritos at Coral for our drive to the beach.

2. Arrived at the beach. Glorious, sunny day. Not too crowded. Saw dolphins. Drank cokes from our cooler and ate Cape Cod chips with French onion dip. Tanned. (Corina burned, but I only burned in the areas I could not reach. In retrospect, it might have been smart to have Corina grease me up a bit).

3. Listened/sang to our a cappella album all the way to...

4. The dog park!! We just sat in the grass and let all the dogs attack us with love and cuddles.

5. Then we got changed and went to Hamburger Mary's, a transvestite/hamburger restaurant in West Hollywood. Kevin talks about the one in Orlando all the time and I never knew there was one here!!

We went to eat and play bingo as a fundraiser for Kitten Rescue. I had a blue cheese burger and a wildberry mojito. Willam Belli called out the numbers. I WON the grand prize!!! Gift certificates to In N Out and some other place... and a Paramount watch (it's nice. I'm wearing it now, although I'm afraid of the tan line...), a My Super Ex-Girlfriend beanie, a REALLY shmancy laptop case and the Wall-e soundtrack. Those are the things I kept. I gave away Step Up 3D, Marley and Me, and season 1 and 2 of The Secret Life of an American Teenager.

AND I was home by 10PM and capped the day with some old stand-bys. Friends and the Sims. Asleep by midnight.

I feel like I can hardly complain about the car, although it is a real problem.

3 comments:

Claire said...

That sounds awesome!!! I also had mixed feelings about Harry Potter. It annoyed me how they left so much stuff out (which, to be fair, they had to timewise). But there were things they seem to have assumed you would know, which you wouldn't know if you hadn't read the books!! So whatever, I could go on but I won't. I hope the last one is good!!

Claire said...

That sounds like the best day EVER! Especially the dog park part. And the food. You can see where my priorities are.

The Lady Me said...

Yay! That sounds amazing! Although, I have to be honest, I liked the Harry Potter movie.

I thought that it tried really hard to follow the book - much harder than say...the 5th excuse for a movie which pretty much RUINED the story. That in mind, 7.1 had a lot of expositional catching up to do. I thought they did so with all the dignity they could muster. The first 5 or 10 minutes were a little bit like "Fuck, we really did screw ourselves in the asses with that 5th movie, eh? Well here is what we left out/lied about - now on with an abridged version of the action of the 7th!!" I was satisfied with it. Much better than if they were to ignore their mistakes and try to move on. Once you cool down from the anger, perhaps we can discuss your malcontent.

haha