Thursday, May 5, 2011

Plans for the Weekend

This is my week of functioning technologies.

1. My car is OFFICIALLY going to the shop on Saturday. Miracle. Scratch that. The miracle will be if I can actually afford the damage.

2. Set up the TV!! There ARE like... 100 channels. Of course, a LOT of them are Asian (specifically Korean, I think) and some Spanish. I haven't researched what stations I do have, although I'm confident that I have ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and PBS. I also saw a channel with The Nanny on it, which I assume means it's some sort of Nick at Nite or something. I don't like The Nanny... at all..., but I have an affinity (understatement) for old sitcoms in general.

It's important to note that I am actually using rabbit ears. It's hilarious. Also, I have so many wires classlessly strewn about my room, waiting to explode in public service announcement fashion (remember those? when they would have a live wire sitting in a puddle of milk while someone pokes at a hot toaster with a fork?). It was especially scary because I somehow spilled gasoline on my shoe last night (mystery) and was feeling especially flammable.

Aside from getting my car fixed and tackling the room (I have 2 weekends for this), my other goal for this weekend is to darken. To tan. To purposefully take measures towards impending leathery skin (at best) and cancer (at worst). I want my friends to come on Memorial Day weekend and be confused by the existence of an additional latina friend they didn't know they had. I'll use sunscreen, sure. But I'll hope it doesn't work. It's clear I'm talking about beach fun, right?

4 comments:

Claire said...

Hahahaha. I want to tan in California!! Unfortunately, my "tans" only last like three days... but I'll still try, dammit.

Claire said...

I really want to know how you spill gasoline on your shoe.

Blythe said...

I will loan you some of my tan! And I have no idea about the gasoline. It happened while filling up my tank, but my exact failure is hard to estimate.

The Lady Me said...

Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud at 90% of this post. That is all I have to say.