Thursday, May 19, 2011

Preparations

Tomorrow is the beginning of my Joy-Until-June 1 period! Grandma and Grandpa are coming in tomorrow, spending the weekend with me, leaving on Monday. Then I have Tuesday off and then ALL MY FRIENDS ARE COMING WEDNESDAY!

In preparation I decided to do the following things:
1) fix my car
2) clean my car (outside optional)
3) clean my room
4) clean my bathroom
5) do laundry

What I've done:
1) Fix my car
...
That's it. Whoops.

Tonight I feel confident that I will clean the inside of my car and my bathroom. I had to make assurances this morning on the bathroom front. Before I left, I sprayed foamy cleaner everywhere! Which means I can't pee until at least the toilet is clean. I hope my roommate doesn't make a surprise visit into my room to find an entire sector of my space has rabies.

The inside of my car will get done out of embarrassment. At LEAST halfway done.

In my defense, if any of my visitors saw the condition of my broken car last week, they would know that my priorities were correct. Not that I couldn't have cleaned AND fixed my car in a weekend.... I'm not saying it's a defense I'd take to court...

I also feel adequately tan, so that's an accomplishment.

Also the rain stopped today, which is good because now I can spend my time bragging about instead of defending sunny sunny California.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Hahaha, I couldn't care less what the inside of your car looks like. Plus we're renting a car so you don't have to drive!! Soooo exciteddddddd.

Blythe said...

ME TOO!! Thrilled to hear you've started packing. I definitely want to drive some of the time anyway.

Claire said...

I'm especially excited because the weather here has been shit all week. And for all the obvious reasons.