Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Triumphs

The first and most important thing is that my best friend from Colorado, the one I grew up with, Amy, is getting MARRIED. The following texts is how she told me.

May 12 approx noon (my phone doesn't tell the correct time of texts. It likes to keep an air of mystery): U Should start looking at bridesmaid dresses.

: Think u'd be able to come out in october?

: The guys will be wearing zoot zuits.

I called her to get the details, and in true Amy style, she told me the following tale.

"Well, I knew he was going to wait for an important day and he already missed Valentine's day and the next holiday is like... 6 months from now. And I didn't want to wait anymore so I just started planning."

To be clear, her fiancé, Matt, is aware of this.

So, in all likelihood, the next time I leave California will be in October to go to CO.

In other news, I ACTUALLY got my car fixed this weekend. Last weekend was a false alarm that made my car MUCH worse. Driving this last week has been torturous. My car could BARELY accelerate. It was loud like a helicopter (in good moods, I pretended that my car was simply over traffic and had decided to evolve and take flight). The check engine light, no longer content with the overlook-ability of shining steadily, decided to flash at me ominously. But now it's fixed!! It's like when you get a cold and the stuffed nose and sore throat last several weeks. And then one day, you can breath and sing again and you remember how great life is. I can now sit at a light without cursing the designers for making me wait what is obviously past the legal limit of time anyone can wait while being in a time bomb. When people slow down to turn, I can now patiently accept and smile instead of being racked with fury that they are making me slow down because I'll never reach those lofty speeds of 35mph again. Life is sweet.




2 comments:

Claire said...

That's so great, congrats to your friend! I just came back from Corey's sister's wedding and it was so much fun!

I'm glad your car is doing better!! How it was before... does not sound good.

TEN DAYS!

The Lady Me said...

Hi!! I am back! And now I am going to attempt to comment on every post that you and claire have written since I decided to take yet another hiatus from Blogger. Congrats to the friend! And congrats about the car! driving a scary car is a nightmare - I'm glad the burden has lifted!