Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Best Things In Life Are Free (maybe)

I was right about the rain!! It's been pouring since I woke up! I know I'm bragging about my weather-predicting prowess, but I have to. I'm so pleased that I'm getting better at reading the signs. The signs that the weather is changing. The signs that my body needs a little more attention. These are things that have almost always escaped me in the past.

I got another AMAZING gift. My boss knew that I've had the same cigarette case/wallet forever and that it's broken but I wanted another cigarette holder and I like asking for them as a gift because then it's extra special-- I'm just not into wallets. A month later (today), she brings me a new holder!! What an angelic boss I have!

Plus, it confirms my suspicions that if you wait, the things you want come for free! I know this probably isn't monumentally true, but did I not want a bed? A bookshelf? A side table? Did I not specifically want a chair and trashcan and then get them a few days later? Have I not been talking about my ipod desires for ages? And now the wallet?! I'm a very lucky lady.

For posterity, I did get a cold. However, I seem much better now than I did this morning... so hopefully it will be short lived. I just get scared when I start coughing up large pieces of mucus because... it takes forever to go away. And I run through my supply of fast food napkins that I keep in my glove compartment. And I can't sing. And I won't skip work unless I'm immobile (has never happened, obviously). But I'm optimistic at this moment!!

No comments: