Monday, October 3, 2011

Absorbed

I have been absorbed.

Saturday was regular. In fact, I woke up and decided to write down a list of what my perfect Saturday looks like (for that particular Saturday-- not monumentally). I did everything on the list:
- Got my Hunger Games books from the post office.
- Deposited my money and got quarters for laundry
- Went to target and got new sheets and a few other supplies (and I indulged in a new pillow... I love having like... 90 pillows on my bed even though I don't sleep with one under my head).
- Finished Zel (a favorite young adult book).
- Made a call.

Regular shit, is what I'm saying.

Sunday was SUPPOSED to be similar. I had laundry and grocery dreams. Returning library book dreams.

But instead I got ABSORBED by The Hunger Games. I ended up reading it cover to cover from 11am to 8pm. I sat on the balcony the entire time and as a result, I have an ass injury. I actually sat so long that it hurts to bend over. It probably doesn't help that the chair is plastic. This is impressive since I sit all day at work-- my ass should be able to take the long hours. (I did reflect on the uselessness of spending one of my only days that I COULD be moving around, sitting and reading-- exactly what I do at work)

Regardless of how good it is (better than Twilight, less annoying than Twilight, but closer to Twilight than Harry Potter in brilliance.. which is just fine with me), there is nothing better than an addictive book series. All of yesterday I thanked my fate that Katherine bought me these books because waiting to return to the library would have been torture.


3 comments:

Chip Chip said...

didn't you just die and fall off your chair when it said END BOOK ONE

Claire said...

I loved the Hunger Games!! In retrospect, I actually doubt I'll ever want to reread them and I think Katniss is a little annoying... but they are SO addictive! In the moment, I couldn't possibly stop reading. I'm pretty sure I read at least one of the books in one day. It's great. I do love an addictive series.

Anonymous said...

And I also have about a million pillows and blankest and dont use most of them except to surround me. And I still have that red one you loved so much :)