Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bad Ass

JOB SITUATION:
Doing good. I feel VERY good about the prospect of working as a (talent) manager's assistant. I've been interning for a bit, I know they like me, all good things. Also, they're nice and encouraging and I've already learned so much! Plus, one of the many awesome things about this job is that I can read basically any script ever, a bonus that I started taking advantage of last night.

FORMER JOB SITUATION:
One of the last jobs I got to do was for a company called Sword Fights INC. Please look at the link and understand how incredible it was! Long, awesome days outside climbing hills from sun up to sun down LITERALLY. It was a blast and I drank about 15 bottles of water per day. At the end, the company offered me free screen sword fighting lessons. Awesome!!!



PROGRESS REPORT ON THE NEW PLAN A: IMPORTING MY LOVED ONES TO CALIFORNIA
Positive. VERY positive. I believe Natalya just landed in San Francisco on Saturday and I just talked to Wolf and she seems to be staying in California for at least a year to learn about permaculture farms! I'm pretty sure avocados give you powers and I'm using them to suck my favorite people towards me.

IN OTHER NEWS:
-Made a new besty named Charlene. She's the other manager's assistant and we've become fast friends. Yesterday she took me out for my very first frozen yogurt, which was heavenly.

-I've been on a movie kick. Fight Club, Little Miss Sunshine, Lucas, Someone Like You. I also saw Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World. I was about 20 minutes in before I really felt attached to the film. However in retrospect I think it was amazing start to finish. Also, it was for our EXACT age group. It's highly stylized to look and sound like early 90s video games and the characters are 22. The movie was also a gold mine for amazing lines. One of my favorite was "Your BF's about to get F-ed in the B!"

-My friend Cassidy and his girlfriend Elena went to an audience test of The Perfect Family!! They said they loved it, although I hazard to guess they wouldn't tell me if they didn't.

-My sister turned 16 which... is unreal. Mostly because the last time I lived with her she was 12! That's CRAZY!! She told me that in her mind I am in a perpetual state of being 18, but really 18 to 22 isn't that much of a leap. 12 to 16-- that's HUGE. I bought her a shirt that my friend designed. His company is called HOLLYWOOD ARSON. I got her this one:


She said it was the most bad-ass shirt she owns, although she could have been kissing my ass. It is mighty bad-ass though, I think.

-I lost one of my favorite earrings-- the Berkeley tree ones. I also lost one of the OTHER pair of earrings I own... so basically I don't have any complete earring sets except my hoops which I wouldn't wear daily. Lame. As soon as I have a paying job and save some money, I'm buying another pair. Doing it. Nothing can stop me.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I liked Scott Pilgrim a lot, and of course Corey LOVED it. My favorite parts:

"Bread makes you fat?!"

"I think your hair looks cute.

But it would look better shorter, wouldn't it?!"