Monday, August 2, 2010

Sorry I've Been Lame!

I've been SUPER lame about updating!!

Let's just sum up, if only for posterity.

-Chords came to California!! It was magical. Especially since I got to spend more time with them than I thought. I found out at 1am that I didn't have to work for one of the days they were here.

-Wrapped my second feature film!!! On the last day, I had to be on set at 6:30am (which you know was 6:10am for me) and I didn't leave to go home until MIDNIGHT! That's 17.5 hours, guys! And it was a feather-filled extravaganza. I re-learned a time-old lesson-- making a mess is WAY more fun than cleaning it. Crazy.

Part two is that I was way less beside myself with sadness over the ending of this production. I just have so much more faith that I'll get to see these people again. Thank god.

-Wrap party was also super awesome. It was a pool party and, as I have no swimsuit, I had no intention of actually swimming. However, as I watched all of the fun happening in the pool with my legs draped in the wonderful, warm water, I couldn't handle it and ended up just going in in my dress. My decision was well-received.

-I worked on another show for a day with my friend Liz. It's a very low-budget cooking show. I did get to taste the food though, and it was terrific. Plus I learned that Burbank has a farmer's market, which is huge!

-I also made $100 driving the DP and gaffer around to pick up equipment for the last day of the shoot. It was actually pretty great because I got to see where they rent all of the lighting equipment and what goes into checking it out. Plus everyone was so kind, as always. Although sometimes it's difficult to watch because things are too heavy for me to carry and I hate not being able to help.

-I went to Saralyn's birthday (a while ago-- this list is in neither chronological, nor reverse chronological order. It's an as-it-comes sort of list). We went to Malibu to a wine testing place. It was lovely because we had a little picnic as we watched the band. They covered Johnny Cash and Tom Petty songs and called themselves Petty Cash. Cute!

-Two of my favorite people from PERFECT FAMILY, Sarah and Mitch, joined the crew of the production for the last two weeks. It was heavenly! Plus I learned that Mitch also did a cappella at BU. Treblemakers. It's a small-ass world, ya'll.

Lastly, I changed my blog name (as you may have noticed) to Blythe Blog! I've been wanting to do it for a while, but I finally had some inspiration when I saw a picture that Spiegs took. Perfect.

No comments: