Friday, August 27, 2010

A Moment to Whine... It's Been a While

Need a job bad. I'm on the VERGE! ... but I need to be closer than that.

The funny thing about running out of money, for me at least, is that the symptoms are so funny and familiar. For instance, I watch the ground as though there is money for the taking if only I looked for it. I don't try to do this-- it just happens. Also, the wish list gets sadder and sadder-- "When I have the money, I'm going to replace my face wash and buy a hanger for my pants." Also, it becomes more of a task to remember that the past is unchanging. "If only I didn't get that parking ticket etc etc." But it's in the past.

If I didn't have to pay my rent, I'd be so golden. But... that's close enough to being in the past.

And to emphasize, (if only to myself) it could be so so much worse. It's going to be fine. It's going to be fine.

No comments: