Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lucky--Even on Friday the 13th

I apologize for constantly talking about how lucky I am, but this was the luckiest Friday the 13th for me!! Actually, all the luck came in like... a 2 hour span.

1. I got my license back! I left my license at this gas station and when I returned the next day to get it, the woman at the register, with whom I originally left my license, told me that she remembered me leaving it there but she had no idea where it was. She told me to come back the next morning because her manager would know its location.

So the next day I returned and asked the manager and he told me that this other girl would know where it was and that I should come back AGAIN after 3pm. Well I couldn't make it back the that day, but the day AFTER (today) I went back and ANOTHER girl, who ALSO remembered seeing it, told me that I should come back when her manager was there. SOOO frustrating! Not only can I not afford to go and get a new license-- I can't afford the money OR the time-- but I don't really want California to know that I'm here yet. I'm not ready to open that can of worms, especially when I'm so low on funds.

So I asked the girl what she would recommend me do. Is there a number I can call? She told me she could give me the number to the gas station chain, but I don't know how they would find my ID. So I asked her if she would take my number and then hopefully whoever moved it would see and give me a call. After I left, I made a call and expressed my frustration to a friend. Just as I'm getting into the story, I miss a call. Turns out it was the gas station lady. She found it! Crisis averted.

2. (This is NOT in chronological order, by the way.) So I'm working for these post people and it has been REALLY amazing! A few of the days, in particular, were REALLY enlightening in terms of the post production process. However, I had no idea when this job was going to end and I was getting quite nervous. Then at 6pm I get a call from a woman from a (talent) management company saying that they were looking for a new assistant for one of the managers and a friend of mine, Liz, highly recommended me. The conversation was much longer and more cheerful than this, but basically on Tuesday I'm going to go in and ... see if we all take to each other. PUUUUUMPED. Actually, I'm WAAAAY more pumped than I'm describing, but I already talked and talked and TALKED about this with my grandparents and Kevin, so I'm a little talked out.

3. Just minutes after I got this call and explained the situation to my post people (they are VERY supportive and told me that I can come back on Wednesday if I'm not into the management thing), I went to say goodbye to my Present Pictures ladies since I don't know when I'm coming back in the office. WELL, one of them told me that the agent she was getting me in touch with before wanted my updated resume so that she can personally walk it down to HR!!

So basically, this Friday the 13th, I got 2 job prospects and my license back. AWESOME!!

DREAM NEWS.

I haven't been remembering my dreams lately, but two nights ago I had one that I got a speeding ticket, which seems to reflect my anxiety about money. I'm just really frightened that something really stupid will happen that will break my bank. So I was going 40mph on the road and I saw a cop ahead and I thought "this is okay because the speed limit is probably 35mph," but then I see the speed limit sign right as I'm passing the cop and it reads 25mph. Just as I see the cop starting to pull out to follow me, I wake up.

Side note: I DID reflect on the lameness of spending so many waking hours driving only to keep doing it whilst sleeping.

THEEEN last night I had a dream that my sister Meredith was swimming in a lake and all of these walruses popped up. Neither of us were afraid, but then one came from right underneath her and grabbed her in its mouth. It didn't seem like it was TRYING to be vicious, but Mere started bleeding extravagantly from her stomach and arms. I got her out of the water and as we were waiting for an ambulance (I don't recall calling one, but we assumed it was coming I guess), we talked about how the walrus probably thought she was drowning and was trying to save her. I don't really know what that one was about.

MOVIE NEWS.

Last night I got out of work early and Kevin and I seemed to mutually and wordlessly agree that we weren't talking last night-- our first night in weeks and weeks. I ended up watching 3 movies back to back: Love Me If You Dare, Wayne's World, and Little Children. It's not really news I guess, but my grandpa pointed out how lucky I am since most people don't leave their jobs and crave to do more job-related activities. I AM lucky!! Plus, Little Children MIIIIIGHT be my #7 top movie. I haven't officially decided, but I do LOVE that film!

LASTLY

Tomorrow is my only weekend day because I'm doing a shoot on Sunday and Monday. I'm pretty pumped for it, especially since if I get this manager's assistant job, it might be my last on-set work for a while. Sunday I'm being picked up at 4:45am! Which means that I have to cram everything in before 8pm tomorrow so that I can get enough sleep.

This is what needs to happen:
1. Laundry. Always.
2. Deposit check.
3. Pay damn parking ticket
4. Update my resume and send it to my Present Pictures producer and the management company girl.
5. A while ago, I wrote about the lovely story this man told me when he was towing my car. I told it to my friend Liz and she casually suggested we write a screenplay. I agreed, although I agree to a lot of screenplays. I FORGOT that here, when you have an idea for a screenplay you fucking WRITE IT. She's already thought of names and talked to a writer friend about it. So tomorrow she's going to come over so we can try and make an outline.

WTF!? AWWWESOME!!

No comments: