Tuesday, November 16, 2010

3rd Rock Dreams

400th blog!

My gmail got hacked, which is especially lame because I have some people in my address book that I REALLY don't want to be burdening with spam... but oh well. Several kind people called, texted and emailed me about my problem, but only ONE person gave me a suggestion about how to fix it. I changed my password. Then the next day, I realized that I may have not changed my password, but merely re-recorded my former password. Thus I made, for the second time (ish) an ENTIRELY new password. I know I can't go around being resentful about every little thing, but I really don't like new passwords. Hopefully it works.

I am officially housesitting for December 29 to January 6! Maybe longer! The woman for whom I've housesitting even offered to give me the money in advance so I can go home for Christmas. It was incredibly kind, but I assume that I'm not doing it. I really need that money, but more importantly, I don't think I'd ever actually ask for it ahead of time. I just... can't do that. Impossible to say how sad I will be about not being with my family on Christmas for the first time. I'll probably get chinese food and go to a movie-- a practice I've learned from my many Jewish companions. But at least I can miss them with full intensity, instead of going through my yearly internal struggle about how much I hate/love the holidays.

NATALYA WILL BE HERE SATURDAY OR SUNDAY! I bought a swiffer for the occasion.

Finished 3rd Rock from the Sun. I'm SO distraught. I speed ahead so fast with new shows, and I forget how depressed I get when they end.

DREAM:

During the first part of my dream, I was on the basketball court by my PA house with a bunch of girls, including two of my cousins and my sister. We were sunbathing and I recall that we all needed 6 towels and I spent a deal of time trying to decide how to put each towel to use. It just seemed so excessive.

I went over to my brother, who was younger and with my stepdad and my uncle Joe. My brother started to throw rocks at me--although not hard enough to hurt--at, I assume, my uncle's request. I shot him a shocked and disgusted look and finally my stepdad told Matt to stop.

I was hanging out with some guy (he morphed many times throughout, but one of his incarnations was Todd Kubrak from The Four Faced Liar) who I knew was cheating on his girlfriend. Then he left and his girlfriend (I think it was the girl who played "Precious" in a later episode of Friends) came over and found the other woman's shoes on the mat. She got reallly pissed and then Todd came back. While her back was turned, I tried to give him a thumbs down to warn him about the coming wrath. Then me, Sally, Harry, and Tommy from 3rd Rock from the Sun took off.

Then the three of us were in a speed boat in the dead of night outside of New York City-- it was actually gorgeous in my dream. Tommy was driving really fast. They weren't the characters from the show-- just made up personalities, I guess. I said "can I just say, what a cliche to find the other woman's shoes on the mat!?" and we all laughed and talked about it. Then we look ahead and there are dark rocks. Sally yelled at Tommy to turn the boat, but we were going so fast that it was definitely too late. At that moment I thought "I hope this is a dream!" and woke up.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I just stumbled upon this interview:

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/08/mary-louise-parker-does-not-smoke-weed-but-she-has-licked-a-pot-lollipop.html

Totally unrelated, but kind of gold.

Blythe said...

I LOVE IT! I loved her sermon:
Well … you’re both really hot and you both have nice hair. I hope you’re together forever.”