Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Happy!

More and more and more miracles!!

1. Natalya is DEFINITELY coming for Thanksgiving!!!

2. I might get to housesit for Christmas break!!! Which means hanging out with AWESOME huskies!! With the pool. It's questionable whether you can swim in December... but I bet you can HOTTUB in December!! And I KNOW you can use CABLE in December! More importantly, this gives me the hope of allieviating the anxiety I was having about not working for two weeks and whether or not I would survive...Merry Christmas to me!! (potentially).

3. This is my 399th blog. On THIS blog, of course. Can you believe that I have nearly 700 pages of my former blog--single spaced, size 9! Crazy. My first blog entry ever was something like "I hope I actually write in this and don't lose interest in a couple of days." That was a hope-success.

Forms of escape that pique my interest today:

We Bought a Zoo. Directed by Cameron Crowe, this is a family movie about a man who buys a zoo... whatever. Matt Damon, ScarJo, Elle Fanning (girl is genius!) and :::drum roll::: PATRICK FUGIT. Down diggity down! It's still in the casting stage so... we're gonna have to wait a couple of years, but I'm READY!

Also, I'm going to read Songs My Mother Taught Me by Marlon Brando. Yesterday I got fairly involved reading quotes by him, and today Carey Elwes was on my radio program and said how much he loved Marlon and imitated him. All signs point there. I think I'm going to finish No One Here Gets Out Alive (why won't Morrison DIE already! The issue is that I still haven't gotten back to the point in which I stopped reading because I lost my copy. So now every couple of pages I'm like "awww crap, I read all of this." (I calculated that I've read at least (probably exactly) 6 books since the loss, and I can't be expected to remember every page)) Then I'm going to desert Eat, Pray, Love for now. Eeeeh... we'll see.

Added later: Also, Last Night with Keira Knightly and GUILLAUME CANET!!! Don't know what it's about, didn't see the trailer, but I am in LOVE with Guillaume Canet. LOVE. LOOOOOVEEEE!!

3 comments:

Claire said...

I'm SUPER jealous of your Thanksgiving plans!!! Especially because my Thanksgiving is almost DEFINITELY going to be a hot mess due to family issues (/family retardedness). Have fun!!

Also, I'm bummed that this means you won't be home for Christmas... not that I actually thought you would be... but there was a small part of me holding out hope. But housesitting with a hottub sounds like awesome business, and again, I'm a bit jealous. I WISH I could come visit you somehow and avoid the entire Christmas season.

Blythe said...

We're young to be jaded about the holidays, but... family mess seems to be what it's all about. Life is going so fast that I feel we'll see each other before we know it! I really have tremendous faith about this. I may die if I'm wrong.

Claire said...

I know, it's kind of sad how jaded we are about the holidays... it had to happen eventually, but I didn't think it would happen so soon!