Monday, November 29, 2010

Tidbits

I think life is stranger for me now than it has ever been. I just don't recall feeling so weird in any other moment of my life.

-It's weird that I have older friends.
-It's weird that I feel like I'm living this crazy, unstable life-- ANY disturbance is going to throw me over the edge. If I get into an accident. If my car breaks. If I have to pay anymore money for anything at all. If I get any sort of illness that requires ANY assistance beyond tylenol... I'm fucked. Like... for real.
-It's weird that time is going by at lightning speed. I think to myself, "when was the last time I hung out with Corina?" the person I see the most, and I can't remember if it was a week ago or nearly a month ago. And my plans are in the form of years. In two years I want to start REALLY thinking about my career and not worrying SO much about money. When is Kevin moving here? Years. When is the NEXT time I'm going to see Natalya-- YEARS!

ANYWAY
Having Natalya visit was an absolute gift. We had a fairly successful dumpster-diving experience-- we ate all the food except some questionable bananas and we made garlands out of some flowers. The latter garnered a bevy of compliments. We went on a wee hike and we watched (500) Days of Summer, Away We Go, High Fidelity, When Harry Met Sally, Amelie and 9 episodes of Freaks and Geeks (I was surprised and pleased by the level of addiction Natalya reached with Freaks and Geeks... and all the movies, really). For a more complete recount, check out Natalya's blog. She has pictures!

In other news, I FINALLY started my senior year scrapbook-- I'm just including everything up until now. Honestly, mostly I just want to get it done, so it may turn out to be my worst scrapbook yet... hard to say.


No comments: