Thursday, September 29, 2011

Home!

HOME!!!

Did I mention that I was sleeping with dogs that had fleas for the last 3 weeks?! It was terribly disconcerting. And sad for them because they wanted to snuggle but I didn't want to make any fur-to-hair contact. I didn't get fleas, though, to be clear.

And NOW? Home to my roommate who lovingly serves me spanakopita, pizza minis, hot wings, and fontina cheese balls while I'm on the balcony sipping a nice, room temperature Corona. Home to the two shirts and one pair of pants that I didn't pack. Home to my mail and my incense and my assloads of lotions. And probably most importantly, home to the fact that I don't have to be home at least once every five hours-- I do what I want, again!

2 spinoff points:
1. Corina and my favorite scent is Egyptian Musk. I THOUGHT I just like the scent of incense in general, but it's actually just that one smell that I like best. Corina identified an oil with the same smell and our master plan is a procurement of said oil, followed by some decorative smearing of it all over everything in our house. I want people to consider our apartment both sweet smelling, and well-lubricated. Dream combination.

2. After merely looking after 2 dogs at a time for 2 months (6 dogs total (posterity)), I already see how the less responsibility you have at home, the better. With an influx of approximately one JILLION people suddenly becoming engaged (actually over months, but it FEELS sudden since time has sped up 10x in the past two years...), and me reeling over my feelings about it, it's nice to realize that I'm not even ready to lose any freedom to DOGS-- I'm just not there yet.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I am recently re-obsessed with incense. I found some in a drawer that I bought in middle or high school and when I lit it I was immediately transported back to our holiday parties and tarot card readings. It was lovely.

This is my favorite incense EVER: http://prasadgifts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_16&products_id=86