Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Gods' Shout-Out

Usually I don't have a hard time sleeping, but last night I actually laid in bed in the dark for hours with either no sleep or very restless sleep (you know when you can't really tell... I have to assume I was at least partially asleep). Plus I woke up like... 3 times to pee, which is also not the usual for me. I guess it was first day of class jitters, which I didn't even realize I had. But it was good because it wasn't difficult at all for me to get up at 9am.

Yesterday I decided to get my books, mostly because I have guitar today, the only class I ASSUME I'm going to need the book for on the first day. Unfortunately that was the only book that wasn't there. But at least I tried. BUUUUUT two glorious things occurred:

1. My only book for TV writing was a book that I previously had for another class. The miracle is that I STILL have it!! I get rid of MOST of my books. So... I think that was a shout-out from the gods.

2. Since I dropped my other scary literature class (where I needed to read The Odyssey and Portrait of an Artist BEFORE class even STARTED!! (ah!!)), I didn't check to see what books we would be reading for my new choice, art and literature of film. Weeeell, I'm pleased to announce that the books are Frankenstein, Basic Kafka, selected tales from Edgar Allen Poe, Miss Lonely Hearts/Day of Locust (?), and a textbook called Understanding Movies, which has Spiderman on the cover (which will make me look mighty intellectual). I'm SOOO pleased because I'll still be getting some classic literature, but the odds that I'll read Frankenstein are a MILLION times better than the odds that I would have read The Odyssey!!

In other news, I went through my netflix queue to put movies I really want to see at the top of the list (an act I practice every so often), buuuuut I forgot to put them in order of how I actually want to receive them... so I'm getting Pumpkin today... which I DID want to see, but not in the same way that I wanted to see Into the Wild or Death to Smoochy. Oh well.

Also, Elena and I found a 4-slot toaster in our vestibule-- basically my dream. I fantasize about peanut butter toast breakfasts. However, the toaster is temperamental, not surprising given it's abandoned state when we found it. My fantasies WOULD be ruined, but lovely Corina is giving me a toaster. I'm taking this to mean that the same gods who saved me from buying an extra book must really want me to have toast this year. I accept!

Also, the cast of Seinfeld is doing a semi-reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm. The plot is going to be for 5 episodes, three of which will have the entire cast. They'll be kind of playing themselves but the plot is that they are creating a reunion show, so you'll get to see scenes from the fictional reunion show... so basically in some parts they will be playing their Seinfeld characters. Pretty cool! Although... I don't get HBO.

Also, I watched the most recent episode of Weeds yesterday (it was THRILLING), only to learn that it was the SEASON FINALE! BAAAH!! No Weeds!! No Office!! No Daily Show or Colbert Report!! What am I going to do with myself??!!

I hear Greek is good...
I think Glee is starting again, except I watched the pilot and I didn't see what the fuss was about.
I guess I'll have to go back to movies for a while. Or do my homework...

No comments: