Monday, September 28, 2009

Personal Late Night Dilemma and Pomegranate Advice

Ok having my TV back is both gold and... not-so gold. It's pyrite, if you will.

For one thing, having a TV can suck you into things you really don't want to watch and don't honestly have the time for. For instance, yesterday I watched Along Came Polly, which has to be my least favorite Ben Stiller movie, my least favorite Phillip Seymour Hoffman movie, and my least favorite Hank Azaria movie. To be fair, it isn't my least favorite of the Aniston flicks (She's Just Not That Into You, Rumor Has It) or my least favorite Debra Messing film (The Wedding Date). Still... the movie shouldn't be a temptation, yet simply existing seems to have been enough of a motivation for me to succumb.

ALTHOUGH, on the gold end, I almost died having to wait to watch Jon Stewart's interview with Rod Blagojevich.

Now since the summer, I've been watching my late night programs online. Because of CBS' lame website, I switched to Conan as being my primary late night talk show host of the 11:30-12:30 time slot (except I only watch the last half hour because Colbert trumps both). Well now that both Letterman and Conan are equal again (because I'm going to watch them on TV), which do I choose? I went to both of their sites and wrote down the guests for every day this week. With some simple math, I've come up with a good plan for each day.

(Conan on the left; Letterman on the right)

Monday: Drew Barrymore > Felicity Huffman = Conan

Tuesday: John Krasinski > Kelsey Grammer = Conan

Wednesday: Kate Walsh < madonna =" Letterman

Thursday: Michael Moore... =? Woody Harrelson = hard to say

Friday: Joshua Bell < david =" Letterman

Other information:
If you cut a pomegranate into 6 pieces and then put it under water in a bowl, you can EASILY get the seeds out. PLUS all of the peel floats to the top and the seeds sink to the bottom so you can skim the top of the water of all the peel and then drain the seeds in a colander. Then you've got all the seeds!! WAY better than picking them out of the peel individually, in my opinion.

PLUS, you can put the seeds into a bowl and mash the juice out by swishing the seeds with a glass. If you decide to put a pomegranate and a half of juice in a martini glass with 1.5 shots of vodka and a splash of lemonade, you get a pretty delicious drink. Then if you take a few sips and take a picture of it, I can only guess it might look something like this:

Worth it? Probably not (unless you get the pomegranates for free, which happened to be my fortunate circumstance at the time). Fun and delicious? HELL YEAH!

No comments: