Sunday, September 27, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure I Made the Right Choice.

Okay... now MAYBE you felt sympathy for me with my money predicament a few days ago. Now you won't.

Tonight I purchased a ticket to see Hanson (AHH!!) and a separate ticket to see David Cross (AHH!!). I KNOW I should save. And I will. But David Cross is my FAVORITE comedian and Hanson is my (secret) FAVORITE band! And what am I going to remember? My lousy $80? Trying to pack my school work into a smaller period of time? Nay. The last time I saw Hanson STILL might rank in my top 30 memories of life. How can I pass it up if I have the money? Shant.

Plus, I feel INFINITELY less guilty buying concert tickets than I do for a pair of pants or a TV or a crock pot. Spend my money on American skills and art-- no stuff.
I feel the same way about manicures.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I would love to know your top thirty memories of all time... it sounds like a fun list to make.

Blythe said...

It's probably a psychologically healthy thing to do too, like the 100 favorite things list.