Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good Weekend

It was a good weekend, filled with all of my favorite things.

Friday I did nothing... save work.

Saturday I started my day late, deposited some checks and went to the grocery store for some soup at about 2pm. While I'm sitting outside eating and reading, a man (MAYBE homeless, but I don't want to be presumptuous) came over to me and gave me a yogurt (and a plastic knife to eat it with... oops) and then started talking to me about the antics he got into with a man he met on the street, a bottle of vodka and some weed. "And I'm from the east coast," he told me, "so I have this." He proceeds to empty out a tiny purse, first taking out what is clearly rolling papers and tobacco, and then placing a little cube of hash on the table. At 2pm in the afternoon. At the table outside of the grocery store. He told me about moving some lady's couch in order to get free things out of the donation bin (location unknown). "And guess what was on the couch! PAISLEY!" I congratulate him and tell him I have to leave, returning his yogurt. He told me it was for me-- he only bought it to shoplift. "I'm not paying $3.99 for pistachios!" His name is John Biscuit, which he uses both as a name and an exclamation. "And I was like 'John Biscuit, give me the vodka!'"

I left and returned to my car, and was shocked to see that he followed me to bestow some sage advice: wear my seatbelt because it's Saturday and there are a lot of drunk people on the road, lock my doors, and never leave my keys in the ignition. Oh, and the lord will provide. I thanked him and closed my door. He knocked on my door shortly after to double-remind me to lock my door. Thanks, John Biscuit.

Later I went to hang out with Cassidy and his girlfriend, Elena. We watched Clerks, which was very entertaining, although the acting was just terrible. But I needed to see that film, and I'm pretty sure Clerks 2 is in my immediate future.

THEN I went to get a little dessert with Liz for 40ish minutes for a quick catch up at like... midnight.

Then on Sunday I hung out with Corina for our regular Skins (UK) mini marathon (only 2 episodes this time). We ate at Big Boy where allegedly Miley Cyrus is a regular. After every bit of slightly poor service ie: giving me ice when I requested none (which I must add, never TRULY bothers me at all... in fact, it's the most forgivable error that I frequently encounter-- how could you POSSIBLY remember no ice if you fill 100 drinks a day and every other one has ice), we exclaimed (/ said quietly to each other) "would Miley Cyrus get this treatment?! Would Miley have ice in her glass right now!?"

More importantly, Corina and I skyped with the Chords ladies which was bittersweet... but mostly sweet. I don't think I know ANY of the songs that they do anymore, which... seems FAR too soon. I want mandatory singing for 6+ hours a week. This is my dream.

All in all I'd say this has been an abnormally social weekend. In fact, yesterday I went to get a late meal with my friend Charlene... although I was SLIGHTLY bitter about the cheapest food being a $7 soup. Although... it was AMAZING soup. Potato leek, smoked trout and chive. Incredible. But I'd rather have regular-good soup for $2.

Side note: Charlene got a new job and started last week. I was sad that she left, but I think if people weren't coming and going in my life so much, I would be FAR more sentimental. As is, I'm sure we'll hang out as evidenced by yesterday.

Plus, next weekend Julia is having a 2-day party (I'm pretty sure/quite confident that you go home in between, but it's awesome saying 2-day party).

In other news:
-I still have not finished the scrapbook.
-I bought my mom a gift for her birthday on Etsy and it came in yesterday and it's sadly not as pretty as I thought it would be.
-I think I need to do Christmas cards. Like... for my career. I guess I'll just have to make a day of it. On my imaginary list, my mechanic is number 1.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Things that I buy on Etsy are all too often not as cool as I thought they'd be. It's such a bummer when that happens - PLUS I always feel way too bad to even consider returning it (I'm not even sure if that's an option on Etsy... but it doesn't matter, because it's not an option for me), because I feel like I know the person and they spent so much time setting up their little online shop.

Blythe said...

AbsoLUTELY agreed... although this is my first actual purchase. It's not that the gift is HIDEOUS, but... I was fooled by the pretty photography.