Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In the Order I Thought It

I want to be able to watch Conan to support... but I guess it really doesn't make a difference because I've never had a monitoring box on my TV. Still... I want him to thrive on TBS.

A guy was cured of AIDS!

Larry King is doing his last show on Thursday after over 25 years of work! I don't know why this isn't a bigger deal?

Scarjo and Reynolds broke up. Very sad.

Yesterday I had a glorious dinner with Saralyn, Liz and Aaron. They make the best dinners! We had albacore, couscous, broccoli and wine with brownies for dessert! I can't WAIT until I have a roommate that's awesome and we can make real food (likely will never happen because I like routine in theory WAAAY more than in practice). Super lovely though. I'm very grateful.

Found out The Office season 6 is on instant watch for Netflix... so you know how my next few evenings will be spent. I started one episode yesterday and, as with what happened with season 5, I enjoyed it FAR more than I did the first time. I hold that waiting a week builds up the pressure and the show can never live up to the expectation. When you watch them at your leisure and you can do three in a row... much more satisfying.

Failed to mention that I watched A Very Potter Musical the other day. HILARIOUS! Also, Darren Criss, the newest Glee sensation, is the star. I'm in love. Damnit.

I don't know if I'm getting anything for Christmas, but if I do, I hope I get clothes. Even though my clothes are nicer now than they have been for the past...8-10 years... I have hit the point again in which if you see me every day for about... 8 days... you will know my entire wardrobe. I'm embarrassed. And I'm ashamed at my embarrassment. It's not SUCH a crisis that I've actually spent my own money on the remedy, but it would be nice for a Christmas miracle.

I need a new book NOW! I've reread way too many of my books. I need to go to the library TODAY and get SOMETHING! The first fiction book catches my fancy, I'm taking it. Today, in desperation, I grabbed The Time Travelers Wife. But I read that... not 3 years ago. I just can't keep rereading everything I own. That's for desperate times... and I have a library card.

6 comments:

Claire said...

You should read "The Mercy of Thin Air." It's really good!

Claire said...

I was really excited by the guy cured of AIDS, too! I told my parents, though, and they kind of ignored me because they were too involved in their crossword puzzle. I'm glad you share my enthusiasm.

Have you ever read anything by Tana French? "In the Woods" and "The Likeness" are two of my favorite books; they're mysteries, but they're more than mysteries, if that makes sense. Like, they have very good characters and are really well-written. I don't know if that's up your alley at all... but they are great in my opinion.

Claire said...

OH, and more recommendations: "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins is a really addictive book - actually, it's three books, and I'm not sure if they're all out in paperback yet, so that might be a big commitment. But they're SO FUN.

Also, "And the Heart Says Whatever" by Emily Gould really spoke to my blah mood and grumpiness lately. It's a memoir by a woman who I think is like... 27 or something, which is kind of ridiculous in itself, about working as a writer for Gawker.com in New York (and other stuff) and sulking a lot. If you're in the mood for a memoir that purposely has no growth or greater message, it's pretty satisfying to revel in another person's melancholy. I think. But you definitely have to be in that kind of mood.

Blythe said...

You are the BEST!! The BEEEST! I'm just going to use this as a list of your recommendations and then go right through them.

Blythe said...

You are the BEST!! The BEEEST! I'm just going to use this as a list of your recommendations and then go right through them.

Claire said...

Oh, for the record, though, that first comment is Claire S's... I think. Unless you know another Claire.