Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Amanda's Visit

Amanda's visit was spectacular. Considering Amanda's great love for New York City, I was concerned that she wouldn't like LA too much (she had similar concerns). However, after what seemed like MINUTES after she got off the plane up until the very end of the trip, she regularly proclaimed her love for the city and lamented having to return to cold cold New York.

To be fair, she came at the absolute most GORGEOUS time. 80 degree weather all the live-long day. No smog. She DID experience the traffic, which I was happy about because Natalya barely saw any and while I was pleased that we didn't waste a bunch of time, I was sad because I seemed like an exaggerator of traffic. I'm not an exaggerator of traffic.

So Amanda did some shopping at various places without me. We went to In N Out, which I continue to be unimpressed with. The burger is FINE, but that's all. It wouldn't even occur to me to write home about it. I admit I should stop bitching about it.

We went to Venice Beach and we saw STARFISH!! Right in the tide pools!! JILLIONS (12ish?) of them!!

It was awesome.

The other big event was the Getty Center, which was lovely.

We also saw The King's Speech, which I thought was glorious, especially Geoffrey Rush. And it was just in time to see Colin Firth win Best Actor in the Golden Globes. I actually DO have stuff to say about it, but since I saw it with Amanda, I'm not burning up with desire to express it right now.

I also picked out my next book, but until I check it out, I won't write about it because I kind of want to pick out some excerpts to write so you know why I want to read it so much. (Don't get excited)

No comments: