Monday, January 3, 2011

Some GOALS!!

First, I know no one has money, but if you have ANY money, I think you should contribute to the funding of the film I Am I. Four of my favorite people in Los Angeles (and the world!) are working on it and I really want them to have money. It ends on Jan. 8 and if they don't get their goal money, they don't get any of it, which is super lame.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2115598587/i-am-i-feature-film

Now the goals thus far:

1. Finish my painting.



2. Correspond with all those I've failed to correspond with. The glory of staying somewhere with almost no cell reception turns out to have been clever procrastination. I don't want to be a bitch about this, but I currently know too many people. Actually, more accurately, I'm ill-equipt to handle the relatively small amount of people I know.

3. Make self-maintainence more of a priority. I think it's subconsciously contributing to my feelings of being in limbo. I don't care about anything (not just appearance-wise, but monumentally) because I feel like I'm waiting to start my real life.
I know funds are low, but maybe I should invest in clothes again. My favorite shoes have become suede mush. And the only other shoes (non-sneakers) have a thick layer of mud in the bottom. Maybe I should stop cutting my own hair (I'm on an unfortunate 2-year streak) and figure out a method of fixing it instead of a quick brush, dry on my way to work (air style (a real bitch in the cold)), and a quick re-brush. I should not simply use regular soap for months if the official face soap is gone. Don't self-peel off nails when they get too long to type. Remove chipped nail polish. Control eyebrows.

Eating well and exercising will have to be a separate list (honestly, it likely won't be here because I'm not feeling quite as open about those changes).

4. I want to watch at LEAST one episode of every scripted show, save procedural dramas which... I'll never care about (likely).

5. Clean room.
When I was younger, once in a while I would smash my head against my hard, wooden bed frame. I just miscalculated how far away it was. Tears would come to my eyes immediately. It was awful. One day I realized I hadn't done that in like... 3 years. And now it's been... 8 years or something. I wonder if some day I'll realize that I just keep my room clean always.

(Just for... posterity I want to add that the day I realized I don't smash my head against the bed anymore, I cried. I don't like terminating things. Even really shitty, painful things apparently.)



5 comments:

Claire said...

That painting is awesome, and I'm impressed by your goals. And the crying over the head banging thing really resonated for me, because I hate change and I cry about stuff like that a lot. Once when I was like eight on New Year's Eve my cousin wanted to watch a car drop in a junkyard instead of watching the ball drop in Times Square (like we ALWAYS did) and I freaked the fuck out.

Esha said...

so i'm an air-dry champion as well, but i've had to give it up lately because a)i have to walk everywhere, b) this isn't really a new development but having a job means i have to walk in the MORNING, and c) IT'S REALLY COLD IN THE MORNING HERE. so i discovered hair dryer brushes, which are amazing inventions because they let you brush your hair and blow dry it at the same time and you only need to be half as coordinated as with a blow dryer because you only need one hand and it takes me like 8 minutes tops to dry my hair. i found an excellent revlon one on amazing for like $15 and now i am forever a fan (but i will revert to using that 8 minutes to sleep as soon as it's warm again).

MISS YOU! (and I'm coming to LA next month and fully expect to see your beautiful face!)

Esha said...

so... by amazing, i meant amazon. :)

Blythe said...

Esha,

a) I DEMAND to see you when you come to LA
b) hair dryer brush sounds AMAZING!! But it'll be comparatively warm when you come here, so we can just air dry together all day long like the champions we are!

Blythe said...

Claire, change is lame. And I hate the prospect of closing doors permanently. It makes me feel like life is short.