Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brief Update

It's been so long I can barely remember the movies I watched....

Well FIRST of all, I bought myself the gift of another DVD case. A HUGE one. And then, in an effort that I poorly masked (to myself) as organization for Amanda's arrival, I dumped out all of my movies onto my bed and spent 3.5 hours of the weekend sorting and arranging them to my liking. I felt like a millionaire counting her gold.

I used one of my free movie passes for BLACK SWAN. LOOOOOVED it. Natalie Portman NAILED it, and not just because she miraculously learned intense ballet, but she just NAILED the character and the character's transformation (physically and emotionally). It was AWESOME and I'm really glad I saw it by myself because it was one of those movies that you're still in, even after you leave. I have no recollection of driving home.

I hung out with a friend (a new LA friend-- Cassidy's girlfriend), Elena. We did a puzzle for a while (I'm convinced that I'd love puzzles if I only gave them a shot), ate with her family (heaven) and watched Masterpiece Theater-- Downtown Abbey. It was GREAT and I'm going back the Sunday after next. Maggie Smith, boyfriend from Stardust, and one of the guys from Notting Hill were in it.

Pilot season is making my job pretty fun. It's more busy, which I'm pretty sure is 50% of fun.

My Present Picture ladies got fully funded for a new film called I AM I. I want to quit my job and beg to work on it, but I know that that would be super stupid.

Caroline returned from Israel (good trip, except she got some stomach viruses) and we had some DELICIOUS burgers last night with Corina. I also briefly saw the apartment of her old baby sitter and it was like... the COOLEST apartment EVER! In the best location! Caroline also took the bus to Beverly Hills to have lunch with me. Super awesome.

Want more delicious burgers! Or maybe just supper. I'm hungry!

1 comment:

Claire said...

"I dumped out all of my movies onto my bed and spent 3.5 hours of the weekend sorting and arranging them to my liking. I felt like a millionaire counting her gold."

Hahaha, this is why I love you.

I loooved "Black Swan."