Friday, June 3, 2011

Birthday

I know it's only 11am, but I'd like to give a birthday update.

23. It either hasn't sunk in, or I don't REALLY care.

But I was concerned because your birthday, more than other days, makes you try to read the signs and predict whether your day will be good or not. Not that I believe in magic. But your brain is hardwired to make connections and hypotheses!

It started off looking not so good. I had such an AMAZING and PERFECT week last week. It's going to sound cheap because 2 of my visitors regularly read my blog (and that's out of an estimated 4-ish readers... myself included.), but due to my reclusiveness, I had like... 100,000 imaginary conversations, imaginary dreams and plans and the trip fit those dreams PERFECTLY. Do you understand? Even though I don't believe in magic, it always seems like your luck will turn straight downward after such perfection. Which is only fair.

Which is why I wasn't at all shocked when I got pulled over by the police for the first time two nights ago. I turned right on a no-turn-on-red. It was scary, but... I was actually secretly pleased that I broke my pulled-over cherry. Plus, it went super smoothly. And not to be pessimistic, but I haven't YET come into any sort of money and not had to spend it on something retarded and unexpected since I've been here. It could be worse because it at least I can actually pay for the things that come my way. I never get ahead, but I never really fall behind.

Yesterday went fine at work. My bosses took me out to lunch with Jasmine (the other assistant) because my boss wasn't going to be in today. I had clam chowder, which was delicious. I really do love my boss.

I went home, talked to Kevin in the car in front of my house, and got into my room where I promptly lost my phone. I searched my room and my car and my purse and the areas between all of those things 4 times each. I even took into serious consideration that Davida's friend may have pick pocketed me as she left the house. Or possibly that the dog cleverly snatched it while I was petting her. Finally, I had to go to CVS and buy an alarm clock.

When I came back, I got yelled at for something I'm too embarrassed to talk about (too soon), but I did cry and I was shaken for the rest of the night. I ACTUALLY had problems falling asleep, which is very unusual for me.

So I stepped into my birthday cautiously. I woke up right away, too afraid to reset my alarm because I was too scared I would oversleep. Thus, I was ready for work about 5 minutes early. It wasn't until I reached Beverly Hills that I felt it was going to be an okay day because I saw Daniel Craig riding on his bicycle right in front of my car! Then, since I was especially early, I went across the street and got a chai tea latte and a cookie from starbucks with my birthday gift card.

Then Jasmine gave me a gift, which I wasn't expecting! 2 cokes, a brownie and a coupon for a free sandwich at my favorite sandwich place (the grocery store...)! And then, the bosses gave me pickles and gushers (!!!) because of a description of last Sunday at my birthday lunch. I can't think of anything else I desire! They actually gave me other things too, but I don't think this is the classiest forum to discuss it.

And then I found my phone. In my PURSE!! I searched through my purse forever, but apparently in an act of spaciness, I put my phone in an outside snap pocket that I never use because I find snaps suspicious and useless. It reminds me of the time I was looking for my keys in my car and I looked through everything but this little bag in the car. And in my head I kept saying "I checked under my seat, I checked the passenger seat, I checked my purse, I know they're not in that little bag, I checked my glove compartment...." And after like... 20 minutes I was like "wait... HOW do I know they're not in that little bag?" and I checked it and there they were.

Anyway, it seems I've paid for my happiness already. So 23 will probs be good. Now what should I consume!? Brownie? Gushers? Pickles? Coke?? Definitely coke....

3 comments:

Claire said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'm going to have a Coke in honor of you.

Claire said...

Also, did you get a ticket? Also I wanna know why you got yelled at... but I won't pry. More than this.

The Lady Me said...

I hope you had a good birthday! I'm sorry you got yelled at - but it seems like you are moving out soon so that's good! Also, I think it's funny that you find snaps suspicious - as though they have little evil mustaches or something.