Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Moving

I told my roommate that I'm moving.

To answer your question, I do NOT have a place yet.

I'm so scared. But I feel it's been like... a year in coming and I need to light a fire under my butt.

Reasons I think it will be okay:

1. Bed procured. That was a big one! Thanks to Corina's sister on that one.
2. Roommate, Corina, is on board and aware of the urgency.
3. Grandpa offered to loan me deposit money if needed.
4. Mom held off on the birthday gift for pending money necessity.
5. Room is... basically clean.
6. Corina and I have narrowed the area we want to live in. Silverlake or Los Feliz. We went casually searching on Sunday.

23 days is enough time.
It has to be.

In other news, I woke up feeling great today. No particular reason, but it was especially nice because I have either a VERY mild cold or some allergies. I assume allergies.
Reasons I probably feel good:

1. Sunny day (always the case, except for yesterday).

2. Dreamt about Jon Stewart. We were in either a cargo plane or ship. I wanted to tell him that I watch his show everyday, but I don't anymore (must be remedied!) so I just beamed at him and we sat awkwardly with occasional conversation. Stephen Colbert was there as well, but barely spoke (LOVE Stephen-- have had separate dreams (one dream) with Stephen alone. I felt I should clarify). Still, it was a good dream because it felt like real time. Just a lot of waiting while my mind reeled over being with Jon Stewart.

3. I found $6 on the street yesterday. It was lucky because I was down to $16 available in my account (now that checks have cleared, I'm solid).

4. Saw a play called STANDING ON CEREMONY starring Harriet Harris, Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland), Jack Plotnick, Kurtwood Smith (dad in That 70's Show), James Patrick Stuart, and Nicole Sullivan (the girl that I consider the face of Madtv (RIP)). It was about gay marriage and it was a real pleasure!


If you want to feel GREAT, read this cracked.com article.




3 comments:

Claire said...

I totally read your dream as something that had actually happened. I was pretty amazed.

Blythe said...

It would be weird if I wasn't sure if I was in a cargo ship or plane in reality. Rough Day.

Claire said...

Hahaha yeah... reading comprehension: -1 for me.