Friday, September 23, 2011

Run Down

Last weekend of housesitting. Wednesday is my last day. I'm so relieved, even though it's been great. ESPECIALLY my visitor, who has been magical and inspiring and everything I'd hoped. It's a terrible tragedy that I can't think of anything to write about it that doesn't seem too personal.

Corina and I decided to really dig into nesting in our apartment. Our schedules are crazy though, so we had to book time in advance. October 9- Nesting. We're getting some rugs and HOPEFULLY some sort of table that you can eat at. We're also getting a free TV this weekend. Sweet.

I'm helping Jasmine move this weekend, probably due to my addiction to moving.

Reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. It's a preaching-to-the-choir scenario. I'll probably stop as soon as either The Hunger Games arrives in the mail (courtesy of the ever-wonderful Katherine) or Zel comes in the mail ($4 ($0.01 without shipping) impulse buy). Hopefully The Hunger Games comes first because I'm in the mood for an addictive series (hence the Twilight explosion I recently had).

I went to the Hot in Cleveland taping. It was INCREDIBLE. Mostly because when I got there, I suddenly remembered how fucking HARD I wanted to watch a sitcom being filmed only a few years ago when I thought it would never ever happen. I'd watch the special features on my Friends DVDs and dream of getting to see that experience in person. And not only did I get to see the taping, but I got to be back stage! 15 feet (truthful best approximation) away from Betty White! Talking to her manager. Eating their shrimp cocktail and guacamole! While normally such situations would make me vastly uncomfortable because I don't have anyone to talk to, in that instance, I was overjoyed to just stand and observe silently. Forever. It was a real happy-gasm.

Things that are relevant to me:

-Jon Stewart is on the cover of Rolling Stone. I bought it. I'm not finished with the article yet. I will put it on our coffee table next to the Bob Dylan issue of Rolling Stone, thus making it the most entertaining coffee table ever (for a niche audience of one...).

-The new season of The Office premiered yesterday. I didn't watch it because I didn't want to wait until 9pm, so I Tivoed it and will watch it tonight. Jenna Fischer is CRAZY pregnant and she said something about her story arc and I wasn't sure if she was kidding or not. Very curious.

-On a related note, Whitney also premiered after The Office yesterday. I Tivoed that as well.

-On another related note, it is a small tragedy that Steve Carrell never got an Emmy for The Office. I think it's because he made it look effortless.

1 comment:

Claire said...

LOVE the Betty White.

WHO was your visitor?! I mean, you don't have to tell me...

I hope you get Hunger Games soon! I thought it was super addictive.