Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guilty Pleasures and Christian Slater

At this moment, I kind of feel like all of my relationships are attacking me at once! In a good way, certainly. Some are out of town visitors and many are local and I'm pretty committed to every one of them. It's complicated with housesitting since I can't reasonably make any weekday meals before 9pm. Champagne problems.

I finally got around to watching True Romance with Christian Slater and Patricia Arquette (And Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Brad Pitt, and ALLEGEDLY Val Kilmer, although I didn't see him (VERY unlike me)). It was a real treat (Claire)!! Onto my next Slater movie (realized this weekend that Christian Slater is the voice of the red haired fairy in Fern Gully. While verifying this information on imdb, I learned that Tim Curry is Hexxus!)

Due to circumstances I consider to be beyond my control, I accidentally read Twilight AGAIN. The circumstance was that it was sitting on the table, looking so pristine. And I wasn't in the mood to continue reading the Russell Brand. I read the first and last 70 pages of the second book, skipped the third book entirely, and am near finished the last one (aka(in my brain): the one with the banging...). I'm not recommending it. I'm not even going to try to convince you of the secret genius like Dawson's Creek. It just plucks at my lady strings in a horribly aggravating, but more horribly irresistible way.

Realized today that I have a long weekend!!

No comments: