Sunday, December 13, 2009

Motivation

I don't think there are enough songs that speak to a lack of motivation. If only there was something MORE fun than rewatching Sex and the City. I think that's why I love "No Rain" so much.
"Blythe, can you write entries that DON'T have to do with the same damn television shows and the occasional lengthy fawn over 'No Rain'?!"
"No inner-Blythe, I cannot. And that's the problem."

Honestly though:

Ooooo-oo-oo-oo-oo, oo-oo-oo-oo
All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watching the puddles gather rain

And all I can do is just pour some tea for two
And speak my point of view
But it's not sane, it's not sane

I just want someone to say to me oh, oh, oh, oh
I'll always be there when you wake, yea-ah
You know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no rain
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake
And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape
Escape......escape......escape......

ANYWAY, I really love watching celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on youtube. I think it's because you can ALMOST predict exactly what's going to happen based on the level of luck that I image that particular celebrity to have. For instance, Ben Stiller got stumped on the question for $250,000. The question was about what, exactly, a loofa is. He ended up doing 50/50 AND asking his mother, but was VERY skeptical about the answer... but he had great odds. His mother thought it was the same thing as he did and there were only TWO answers on the board. Over MUCH hesitation, he went for it and lost. I don't REAAAALLY believe in magic or a general level of luck, but I really think if it was Jennifer Aniston, she would have won. That's just how I view the luck of Aniston vs. Stiller.

This weekend represented the EXACT amount of luck I think I have, which is a lot, but not the pinnacle. Which is damn good. I'm not complaining. I started to explain why I think this, but it came out sounding really lame. Instead I'll just say that I thanked my quite-lucky, although not pinnacle-lucky, stars that I won't have any sad memories about this part of the semester.

Mission accomplished.

MOTIVATION!!!!! COME TO ME!!!!! PLEEEEAAAASSEEE!!!!
People starving, people abused, the downfall of our consumerist society... I know I know I know!!!!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hahahaha. I have noooo motivation either! I have just ONE take-home final to get done, and I cannot seem to start it... it's not due til Wednesday, but. Eventually I'll have to do it.... and I'll probably not do it until Tuesday night. Fuck it.

Also, I REALLY WISH you were coming to my party. Tears :*( But YAY AC!!!