Friday, December 18, 2009

Pressing Business

So the other day I made a rough draft of the monster travel playlist I'm so excited about! However, there were a few unexpected things to consider:

1. 9.5 hours is NOT that long. While trying to anticipate what I would want to hear after every given song, I realized that there is no room for comedy interference. After all, it's not every day that you get to listen to every song that no one else will ever want to hear with you. That being said, I may have miscalculated how much music I can listen to at one time. It's really impossible to say.

2. There is a good chance the trip will only take around 7 hours-- that's the amount of time it takes normal people to make the journey. In fact, Rachael was aiming for 6 hours. But there is an equally good chance that it will take the 9.5 hours that it took last time. Therefore, I have to decide what music can be sacrificed-- what music will I NOT be sad I missed if it only takes 7 hours. Conversely, if it takes 9.5 hours, that last 2.5 hours are going to be my sleepiest, bored-est time of the trip. Therefore, the last few hours have to be to be exciting but sacrifice-able. Is that even possible?!

3. I still can't sing at all-- it's been two weeks and I still sound like death. The entire playlist will have to be altered if I can't sing by Tuesday. LOTS of music will just bum me out if I can't sing along.

As with the internet, I wonder how living would be without ipods. What if I had to choose CDs??!!! What if I had to rely on the radio!!??

What? Did you think I'd talk about finals? Na-HAY. I got bigger fish to fry.

No comments: