Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day O' Fun

Big day today. 

So I DID choose to not sleep. I got on the T and I couldn't decide what I wanted to do first. It was 8:30am and I thought I should probably go to the market first to get the best fruit, but on the other hand, I would have to carry around fruit all day. Plus, I wasn't sure where I should get pants. 

So while I was on the T deciding, this couple came in that looked JUST LIKE John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph in Away We Go and I really wanted to take a picture of them. They even had big backpacks. However, they were all the way on the other side of the T so I decided I would go to the Lechmere mall because I would probably have the best luck getting pants there (because it's like... a regular mall... not an upscale-y one) and then I could stay on the T for the whole green line and then I could take a picture of that couple as they got off the train (I wouldn't even admit to being such a creep... but...I don't care. Plus, I went back to reading my David Sedaris book, and he always has interesting and borderline creepy interactions with strangers and sometimes I like to channel the arts that I'm reading (or viewing)).  I decided that I would just skip the market because I fully intend on going every week over the summer anyway. 

Anyway, it turns out that because of an accident yesterday, the T was only going to Park Street, which was an even BETTER opportunity to take a picture of this couple... although I did fail.. I don't know why. But I decided to walk around downtown crossing and see if I could find anything there. I found T.J. Maxx, which was lucky. So I went in and that place is TERRIBLY depressing! Although the workers were very nice. I tried on one pair of jeans, got incredibly bored, and ended up buying stretchy pants that I could just wear under my own pants. Good enough until I go home and get the pants that I want. Right after I left the store, I found $10 in my bag that I lost a few weeks ago.

Then I walked to the market and bought two cartons of strawberries for $3 total. VERY good deal. I didn't get anything else because I'm leaving soon... but they were good. 

Then I went to Faneuil Hall and sat in front reading my book and waiting until 11am when I could legitimately get some food. While I was sitting there, this very old man, walking very slow with a cane passed me. I smiled at him and so he decided to tell me that he hates the trash compactors because they used the tax payers money. I said "oh" and he, while still walking, told me the same about the tables with the umbrellas. He said he wanted to rip them out himself... which seemed implausible since... this whole conversation took place while he was walking... which... was very very very slow. 

Then a saxophonist started playing and it was very nice.. but THEN this guy came over to him and totally harassed him, insisting that they would make a fortune if he rapped to the music. Please picture this. A 20 year old (that's a fact, I heard him tell the guy), black boy in a nice blue striped button down shirt playing beautiful jazz saxophone while a... I would guess 35 year old white guy, definitely NOT homeless, and with a heavy Boston accent raps obscenely about the government. It was hilarious... except I felt TERRIBLE for the boy, who acted EXACTLY the way I would. I briefly considered trying to get him out of the situation by going up to him and pretending we knew each other... and then we could fall in love (obvs).... but I didn't for the following reasons: 
1. the kid would probably think I'M crazy too. 
2. I was afraid of the crazy guy. 
3. I was wearing a Hanson T-shirt and my eyebrows are out of control (I honestly did bring my eyebrows into account... they were probably the most prominent deterrent).

Finally the guy stopped, although he did continue to talk to the kid for another like... 15 minutes, including putting his hand on the kid's shoulder. After he left, as I was going towards Faneuil Hall, I gave the kid $2. 

Then I went into Faneuil Hall and got a gyro and some clam chowdah (that's how they spell it there), and when I came out, the amazing acrobatic family was just about to start there show. This was the 3rd time I've seen them... but I stayed because... they are very entertaining... and VEEERRRY ATTRACTIVE!! It's like... unbelievable how attractive they are. Plus they're English. Although, I didn't have any cash to give them, so I felt bad... but also, I'm POSITIVE they make BANK! They get a HUGE crowd. Plus, this little kid was standing in front of me... a boy, probably like 8 or 9 years old... and he was SOOOOOO gleeful about this show. It was the cutest thing EVER! I always feel like when little boys are amused, it like... consumes them completely. Like... they are TOTALLY with you and pleased from head to toe. Whereas, if a little girl is amused, she always seems to be mostly with you, but she's also keeping an eye on everything else... like judging other people's reactions and your reaction. She doesn't surrender herself the same way. A little boy, if he's excited, he'll totally hop or like... laugh or say "YES!"... because no one else is there. It's just him and whatever is amusing him. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. They aren't even there. It made me miss my brother.  

Then I went back to my seat, ate my food, and read more of my book. And then I decided to go home and get my nails done at the St. Mary's nails place. I got a manicure and a pedicure, which was great. Especially the cuticle clipping. Also, they were playing Bicentennial Man, which I watched once a long time ago, but, while I hardly remember anything about it, I always remember it being a TERRIBLE movie because it NEVER EVER ENDS! Like... there are a hundred places where it would be perfectly reasonable to end but then it shocks you and keeps going for another hour. And... it's not entertaining enough to not piss you off when it does that. Anyway, when I got there, the main lady was dying and I was like "oh, I must've missed the whole movie." BUT THEN it kept going for the entire like... 40 minutes that I was there... which I found to be hilarious. I don't even think it was over when I left. 

By the time I got home it was like... 1:30pm... which is like... a little earlier than I usually wake up... but I already did like... a million more activities than I would do in a day. So I read a little more and then fell asleep for 4 hours, during which I had a dream that I was walking with my grandpa and I came across Monique Cucchi who told me that I totally betrayed her. I start to explain myself and she just calmly tells me "no" and walks away. I start to cry and my grandpa kind of awkwardly pats my back and tells me it's not this big of a deal and I tell him that he doesn't understand and that it's totally my fault. 

Anyway, I woke up, had dinner with Matt and Elena, and .... now I have no idea what time I'm going to fall asleep.... which is actually good because maybe I can manipulate myself into thinking I'm tired when I'm not... or something. I don't know. 

Anyway. Big day! I'm so excited for the summer because that's how I want my days to go!!!

No comments: