Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finals Week Update

In short, Kevin has been here since Friday. Great fun. His bus leaves at 1:30pm this Thursday. We have literally done nothing all week. AAAAAND, I already had this unfortunate affliction... but, even though I'm SURE I can help it... when other people are around me, I feel a compulsive need to go to sleep after them. And not just a LITTLE after them. Like... several hours after them. I used to do this every night that I lived in Warren... which almost zero exceptions in the two years that I was there. 

ANYWAY, it's especially difficult with Kevin because he goes to sleep as late as I do... so if he falls asleep at 4am... I fall asleep at 6:30am. This has happened... the entire time he's been here. Today we woke up at 4pm which was almost extremely unfortunate because I had work (which I can do at any time but... it's a little awkward when it's late...
ALSO, I was supposed to help edit today. So I woke up, pretty upset with myself, decided to put work off until tomorrow (which would be TERRIBLE because I have my only final and my movie screening on Thursday) and edit until 9pm with Shira. 

WELL, it turns out that they close editing at 5pm during the study period so I decided to go to work. It's actually fine because I can spend the day editing tomorrow... and I don't know how that makes it better because mathematically it doesn't make sense that an early closing would make it better... but it does in my brain. BUUUUT what is REALLY great is that I looked at what Shira's done so far and I thought it was pretty AWESOME!! Not near done... but I was very impressed. PLUS she did things that I don't know how to do at all... so it was really great. Also, Sheri, the other person in my group, made a really cool opening title... which is awesome because I've never had a cool one on a movie before. 

Basically, I need to come up with some music to put in the back (which is actually, for me at least, really hard. ESPECIALLY since there will only be two movies in the class and the kid in the other group actually composes his own music for his movies.... which is like... the luckiest thing ever-- our professor is nice at not comparing the two musically... but still, it's difficult to watch a masterful soundtrack right before or after a... not-so-masterful one..) and put the final scene in order... which will probably be fine. 

I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I DON'T PUT OFF STUDYING FOR MY FINAL!!
Thursday after 7pm is going to be the best! Caroline and I are having a rosemary chicken relaxing time. The next day I have nothing except:
1. make sure I get storage (maybe I should do that sooner) 
2. ACTUALLY try to get my things back from people... like send messages or something
3. finalize my plans for getting home
4. Make sure I work out all the stuff I'm storing vs. stuff I'm letting people use for the summer vs. stuff that I'm keeping for the summer. I need to talk to Vanessa (the girl who rents the apartment we're subletting) about what cooking stuff she has. 
5. START MY JUNIOR YEAR SCRAP BOOK!!! That'll be wonderful!!!
6. BUY NEW PANTS AND NEW SHEETS!!!

Then LATER I'm going to have to find a job. 

Also, my 21st birthday (June 3) is officially less than a month away.

Also, I started re-watching The Office AGAIN!!!! Which, if you've been keeping up, I JUUUUUST DID like... 2 weeks ago!!!! Less than, maybe! I think it's because the new episodes keep me wanting more so I keep looking back. Plus, I already watched EVERY episode with commentary. It's just so sad. I'll try to keep the details to myself this time. 

DON'T READ WHAT'S NEXT IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF SHIT TO DO AND YOU HAVE LITTLE OR NO SELF CONTROL!!!!
Ummm... if you're bored, visit sporcle.com. My friend Kelly told me about it yesterday and I spent... probably two hours playing around... and after I finish this, I'm going to have a very serious debate with myself over whether I would like to watch more episodes of The Office or play on that site again. It's amazing. 

No comments: