Thursday, May 7, 2009

Glorious End of Junior Year Day

Is there anything better than being finished with finals? It's certainly better than Christmas!!!

It has actually been a GLORIOUS day so far (it's 1:40pm now). I'll tell you what. I secretly (/openly on the internet) really enjoy studying for finals. Here is my tale: 

Yesterday I spent like... 4.5 hours editing my movie (to near completion) and when I got finished, all I wanted to do was watch The Office (shocking...). 

Side note: The other night, after watching The Office until 6:30am, I had an AMAZING dream involving joking around and playing pranks with the following people: 
1. John Krasinski at age 20 (he was a little shorter, a little less mature (in a good way) than I imagine him to be in real life, and a little... thinner or something. He was definitely younger.)
2. Rainn Wilson, also younger. 
3. B. J. Novak, maaaybe younger. 
4. Pat Shaner.
5. My brother, Matt. 
6. Pam Beesly (NOT Jenna Fischer.)
It was like... the most ideal repercussion of watching late night TV ever. I laughed a LOT in that dream. 

Anyway, I had a big dinner (in both number of people and quantity of food) and then Kevin stayed with them so I could study... and so he could have fun. I went home and instead of studying, I watched The Office. Then I took a nap. Finally, Kevin came back at midnight and that's when I left for the library to START studying. BUUUUT I wasn't even REALLY worried because... I didn't read the books and I just decided... I'll do what I can and I won't really worry about it at all. Plus, I take, what I would consider, exceptional notes in class... and I usually remember a lot. And I think I'm a pretty good studier. I'm not saying that to brag as much as to say that... this is my system and it's not slacking... or rather... it's systematically slacking. ANYWAY!! (I don't need to defend myself) (except I obviously do) (I'm a good student). 
ANYWAY!!

I got to the library and I got some prime real estate considering how crowded it was. I was right near the bathroom and an outlet (which are actually EVERYWHERE in the library) and a trash can. Plus, coincidentally, I sat right near Farrell, Tyler, and Alex Shuck. 
BUUUUT here is why I secretly like studying. 
1. I LOOOOVE having a reason to drink so much caffeine. It feels great to be so full of fake energy and adrenaline and going towards a goal. 
2. I love how it's this awesome community... we're all in this together sort of thing. 
3. I love being up really late. 
4. I really like seeing how other people study. 
5. I very secretly love writing by hand in very tiny writing, which I do to study. I do enjoy typing more, but I can type with far less brain power than when I'm writing by hand, so I don't type to study. 
6. I love feeling accomplished at the end. 

I ended up finishing my studying at like... 6am, which was pretty solid since my test was at 12:30pm. When I got outside, I ended up watching the hawk eat a VERY large, living rat, which was pretty neat. Although I looked like a fool standing in the middle of Marsh Plaza staring... although only like... 2 people saw me because it was 6am. Also, I didn't watch him/her finish the rat because ... she/he took forever. 

Then I got to have jolty sleep... which is very dreamy (although I don't remember these dreams) and also... very accomplished-feeling. Plus, 4 hours is SUPER solid for a test day. 

Then I had the test, which was... shmena but okay. If nothing else, I knew what I was talking about for sure. Then we got our papers back and, despite spending about 4 hours total on it, and doing an ENTIRE other project that night... and doing it all between 10pm and 10am... I got a B+!! So basically, I'm not worried about the final because I got a 93% on the midterm, a B on one paper and a B+ on the other... so.... I think I'm pretty golden. (Go ahead and judge my low standards.)

So now I have to add the credits to my movie and do the screening at 6pm... which is in the basement of COM. Anyone is welcome to come, although NO ONE should feel obligated, especially as I'm pretty sure I'll be embarrassed the whole time. Although it would be kind of nice. 

After that, Caroline and I are having a rosemary chicken, relaxing time. Also, new episode of The Office and 30 Rock, although I'll probably watch them online tomorrow (morning at 5:30am when NBC posts them? Perhaps.)

Another note: I must be in a super mood because... I'm not sure that I would always describe jolty sleep in a positive light... but it's hard to say. Maybe I really do love it. 

1 comment:

Claire said...

Several things (since this is a long post):

1. I'm pretty amazed by your ability to study for six straight hours. I usually study for like... two-three hours, then just give up and leave it to fate. But also I've never have a very intense final I don't think, since I AM an English major, and you usually have to just know shit or not. But, say, in Ecology, I give up very easily.

2. I LOVE having a reason to drink a lot of caffeine, too!!

3. I think a B grade is an excellent standard to have in college. It's pretty much my go-to goal in an even semi-difficult class.

4. Rosemary chicken relaxing time sounds super fun to me.

5. Sorry this comment is ridiculously long... I just felt like it had to be done.

p.s. my word verification is "sublamo" which I think is awesome.