Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yucky Tub, The Cougar and more

I have to take back the stuff I said about The Cougar as far as my shitty recommendations go. The show really covers a lot with their online supplements.... which I have watched all of... and I am adequately ashamed. BUUUT it made me feel much better about watching the show because I believe them more now. They actually DO have a camera that just the boys use and they act quite natural. 

Although here is what I think... and what has struck me throughout the entire show (and it's probably super obvious anyway): Stacy probably SHOULD just be with someone who is her own age... not because it's weird having an older woman with a younger guy, but because men in their 20s are ridiculous... making super elaborate bets with each other with like... ground rules and stuff. I thought it was cute as hell... but you can't marry that. You can't settle down with that because they aren't settled people. You'd just take them away from their playful life too soon. You can't give children to a 21 year old guy who bets 10 other guys (that are dating the same girl as him) that he can get the girl into the jacuzzi... and the penalty is drinking a shot of beer a minute for an hour. I'm not saying there is anything at ALL wrong with that (as far as elaborate bets... the drinking thing was a little much)... but you can't give him a 40-year-old wife and 4 kids. 

Also, I would be totally bummed out if I was Stacy and I had to go to bed while all the mens were having fun downstairs. Lame. 

A few more things: 

1. Away We Go is coming out on June 5 and I need to know why John Krasinski doesn't seem to be doing any late night spots for it. 

2. Pat is home, although I haven't seen him yet. I imagine I will help him move in tomorrow. I'm so glad he's back!! Then I will have someone around... and of equal importance is that I'll probably be inclined to do more things when someone actually knows when I'm at home. 

3. I started the first few pages of The Time Traveler's Wife and I can tell that it's going to be glorious (/I don't know if I mentioned, but I finally finished my David Sedaris book while I was at home, and I just finished that Craig Ferguson book the other night. Sedaris was exactly as I expected- hilarious and amazing. Ferguson... it was good, I enjoyed it, but I probably won't read it again). 

4. I really love the apartment, particularly the temperature which is perfect always so far... I don't want to jinx it... but it is wonderful. However, my one grievance is that our tub drains really REALLY slowly so that nothing actually ends up in the drain when the water is finally gone... like all of the dirt and stuff just leaves this huge ring around the bathtub (making me feel WAY dirtier than I ever have thought in the past). But it's actually super gross and really hard to clean because I'll scrub it with comet but I still need to put water in the tub to clean it and the cleaning water never drains... so I'm left with dirt AND comet residue (and in the name of honesty, hair from when I shaved my legs... ... very very gross). I guess I'll have to talk to Vanessa about it.

No comments: