Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog 2 from NY (July 15)

Driving was MUCH better today. We left at 7:15am and went around the cemetery. Tomorrow I'm going to warm up in the cemetery and then we're going to drive on actual streets. Crazy.

Mostly my grandpa had a doctors appointment and then went golfing with a friend. I hung out in my room all day, which didn't bother me (obvs... I quite enjoyed myself), but I couldn't decide if it bothered my grandma. I got back from driving at 8:30am. Around 11am she came into the room thinking I had fallen asleep, but I hadn't. She came back in around 2 or 3pm and I WAS asleep and she reminded me that I don't HAVE to stay in my room. At 5pm she reminded me that I could use the internet whenever I wanted. At 6:30pm we ate and I helped her move a piece of furniture. Then my grandpa came home and I went back to my room and haven't emerged yet. It's 11:17pm now. The issue is that I can't decide where I'm less of a burden. Is it causing her more anxiety for me to be in a room all day or would it be worse if I were sitting downstairs trying to make conversation. I have to assume the latter is worse.

I also watched She's Got the Look... TERRIBLE show. It's Top Model with a much lower budget and with my least favorite demographic-- women between 35 and 72 (mostly in the 40s). PLUUUUS it's mean. All the judges want to be Simon Cowell. And the competition I saw involved taking each individual's worst fear and making them take a picture while experiencing it. To me that's just mean. It's one thing if eveyrone has to work with snakes and one person is afraid. Well that's the shoot and you have to do it or you don't want it enough. But in what magazine are they going to be like "what is the model's LEAST favorite thing? Yeah? Let's DO IT!" Mean. ESPECIALLY to a 72 year old lady, who is obviously my fave. although I don't plan on watching the show again.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Driving my second time was a million times easier than the first... and my third time was, like, a bazillion times easier! So yeah. Though I am still scared quite often when the unexpected happens (and unexpected includes a very wide range of events for me). And I am also WAY more nervous about people texting while driving than I was before, because I can't even imagine having a really riveting conversation while driving yet.