Thursday, July 9, 2009

Movies and Strangers

Today was a mighty active day for me... considering...

Hung out with the g-rents. We saw the movie Cheri which ... I truly didn't enjoy. My grandparents didn't really either. I would SUPER not recommend it. Also, at one point in the movie, I got super confused by the action the character (Cheri, actually) was taking. I figured I'd just spaced out and missed something that would warrant the action and I planned on asking my grandparents about it when the movie was over. However, when we left the theater, my grandpa asked what that action was about immediately! I told him that I was wondering the same thing and my grandma said so too. Turns out, we were ALL confused about the same thing but we ALL thought we'd spaced out! That's like... the worst sign for a movie ever for two reasons:
1. Clearly SUPER incomprehensible action by the main character. 
2. We were obviously all spacing out or on the VERGE of spacing out because we all thought it was OUR fault that we couldn't understand. 
Rough. 

Then we went out to dinner at a place I've been at least 3 times and thus should know the name but don't. It's a place in Harvard Square that serves New Orleans Mexican food. It was AWESOME not eating my own shit-ily prepared food. 

Then I hung out with Matt and Elena, which was awesome. 

I guess it doesn't seem like a hugely active day. I only think that because I walked from my place to Kenmore, Kenmore to Kendall movie theater, and Kendall movie theater to Harvard Square. Although so did my grandparents... wah-wah.

I also unfortunately paid for this month of netflix when I'm not going to be using it for 2 weeks. Bummer. I've decided to keep Angels in America instead of send the disks right back. Maybe I'll find the inspiration to watch it again. I hope so.  

Last thing, but I also accidently gave my phone number to two girls who wanted to tell me about how there is textual evidence in the Bible that God is a woman. I don't even have anything to say for myself. If I don't learn how to say no soon... ... I'll probably soon be purging my thetans for $150 per alien soul. Plus at some point, I'm just being stupid. But it's really difficult for me to bring down people who are so passionate. Although I REALLY wonder why they got me because I wasn't even KIND OF the only person on the street, they (apparently) go to BU, and I didn't even make eye contact... I didn't even know they were there AND I was listening to headphones. I think it's something in my face. Some invisible, but oddly visible, tattoo that tells strangers that I'm susceptible to bombardments by strangers. I don't even think I'm GULLIBLE per se. I've never been convinced of anything. I just can't turn down enthusiastic people face to face. It'll likely be a situation where I refuse to answer the calls. Like the last time I was saved freshman year (although I did go to one session... buh...). Or Ken. Or the time I told someone I wanted to help talk to people about global warming (which I actually DID kind of want to do). Or maybe I'll just continue to be an idiot... like the time I held hands with the guy who told me the two things black men like are native Americans and fried chicken. The time I gave my email address to the guy who I talked to for an hour at the greyhound station. The time I gave my name, address, phone number, and $3 to a guy in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum who smelled and had no teeth (that was a while ago though...). Just had to chronicle. Whatever though. 

No comments: