Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Parallel Parking, Book Dilemma, and Weeds

Today and yesterday I did some parallel parking. And three-point turns which aren't really that scary. Actually neither is parallel parking... although we've been doing ONLY parallel parking for a while and it gets kind of... boring. But that's probably good... not that I'm a champion at it or anything. But no huge failures.

I finished Barrel Fever surprisingly fast. Two essays/stories I had already read in Holidays on Ice but... it was SUPER hilarious!

But now I have to choose from Pride and Prejudice which I've started twice in the past, both times before I'd seen the movies. The thing is, I don't particularly like the Jane Austen writing. This isn't the specific issue probably, but I know that sometimes when I try to go through her books I think to myself "if you say 'amiable' one more fucking time...!!!" Same goes with "agreeable."

So it's that, The Da Vinci Code, or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which is my favorite book but I've read it like... 5 times. Or I could read one of my grandma's books. Tricky tricky.

Yesterday I watched Weeds at it's actual broadcast time. Right afterwards I was INSTANTLY pissed that I didn't try to wait as long as I could. But it really seemed like I WAS waiting as long as I could. The night before last, I had a dream that I saw the episode of Weeds (the one I just saw)... and it was SUPER steamy!! And then I dreamt that my mom, my grandma JoAnne, and I were having lunch outside of some building, like a mall or something, and there was a TV on the ground next to our table, and instead of talking to my mom and grandma, I kept trying to rewatch the episode of Weeds that I had just seen. AND I was even uncomfortable because I wasn't sure how much I wanted to see such a steamy episode with the two of them... but I STILL tried to watch the episode. I woke up thinking I had really already seen it. But nay... And it goes without saying that the actual episode wasn't the same as it was in my dream. And like I said, afterwards I was SOOOO UPSET that I have to wait a whole other week to watch the next one!!! I think what's even MORE tortuous is that even when I get my TV back from storage, I STILL won't be able to watch the show when it comes on because we don't get Showtime. Otherwise I might have had a brief but glorious period of time when Weeds is still on and The Office returns. Oh good heavens! How current tprogramming consumes me.

No comments: