Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Plans for NY

Grandparents are coming tomorrow. My grandpa is so awesome. He went to the DMV in New York and and learned that I need about 100 pieces of identification to get my permit. Like... A HUNDRED! What was truly confusing was that it didn't seem like regular high school students would have the right amount of identification. But it was lucky because now I can ask my mom to bring some stuff up when she comes for the Wolber Open. 

ALSO we decided that there is likely going to be a mandatory wait before I can get the actual license which I GUESS we're going to get in NY. AAAND you HAVE to take 5 hours of actual classes to get the license. AND the PERMIT isn't even sent to you until 2 weeks later. But I'll be able to use a temporary permit. Still... lame. 

Anyway, they are coming tomorrow. I'm pretty excited for the following reasons: 
1. Free food. YEEESSS!!! It's basically my dream come true. 
2. My grandpa REALLY likes playing gin with me. 
3. I bet we'll watch The Office. They'll probably take me to movies too. 
4. I'm pretty sure that they will fit into my intensely calm new lifestyle very well. I imagine I'll spend MANY hours away from them every day. Find a local park. Chill. Read. Heavenly. 

Nevertheless, I WILL be spending TWO WEEKS in Utica, NY! I have to prepare. I'm bringing all of the books I have... although it probably won't be a huge problem because my grandparents, if nothing else, are book-hoarders. Even if there IS an excess of non-fiction war books-- maybe not my least favorite genre... but I'm not planning on spending time thinking of a worse one. But They will also have the lovely fiction kind. It probably won't be a problem unless I go through a huge reading spree... which could happen. 

ALSO I'm going to bring a lot of movies. And obviously my laptop. I can't decide about painting. My grandma paints a lot... but also this could be a situation like the ones I often have on airplanes. I bring like... 1000 forms of entertainment and get super excited for the flight and all the fun stuff I can do... and then I fall asleep before the plane even takes off and wake up minutes before we land. I mean... I WILL be driving twice a day (according to g-pa's plan). And if I go for walks, play gin, read books, watch movies AND have my computer (internet is questionable)... am I going to need to bring all of my paint for just two weeks? Plus I'd probably want to do it outside so I don't accidently make a mess... and I think painting outside might not be too fun (SOUNDS fun but I'm afraid of wind blowing leaves and grass onto my canvas or drying my paint too quickly). 

Anyway, these are the things I need to do: 
1. Read the driving manual. It's only like 60 or 80 pages long and I have the whole weekend, but still...
2. Try to get a transcript (one of the identification options). 
3. Clean the apt. This includes getting rid of food that might spoil. Also, I have beer bottles everywhere. I've had people over drinking beer like... 3 times since my birthday, but I haven't thrown ANY of the bottles away because I want to recycle them. It does kind of give off an alcoholic appearance though.
4. Do the laundry. We're all gonna find out soon enough whether or not it's going to be awkward that I only have 7 shirts. I hope I can just do my laundry myself. Regardless, I'd like to put the pain off for 7 days. 
5. Pick the movies out. 
6. Find a way to pack excessive movies and books and clothes into what storage I have. 
7. I should also probably tell Pat that I'm leaving. I wonder if he'll be tempted to stay at all while I'm gone. 

In food news, I ate the entire "soup" that I made. It wasn't TERRIBLY delicious... or very soup like... but I did finish it. Also, today I decided to eat some frozen vegetables. I didn't want to buy standard mixed vegetables because I don't like lima beans, so instead I got mixed vegetables with broccoli, red peppers, carrots, green beans, kidney beans, white beans, and garbanzo beans (and I added some left over frozen corn from the soup). My review was a nay. The kidney beans were SUPER disgusting because they were REALLY hard. But the broccoli was QUITE mushy so I know I didn't undercook. The white beans were also gross but they were small and virtually indistinguishable from the corn in the light of my room.. so I ate most of them anyway. So you know what I think? BEANS DON'T BELONG IN MIXED VEGETABLES! That's my verdict! Maybe I'll write a letter to Bird's Eye or Hanover (yeah, I know the leading frozen vegetable brands. My extensive grocery store work was not for nothing! (Or does everyone know? It doesn't SEEM like common knowledge... ...)) Although the garbanzo beans were actually fine... and the green beans. And I bet if they added some edamame, it would be GLOR-I-OUS. 

Also, I just HAVE to mention that my original sim (Isaac)'s grandson (Todd, son of Alastor) (and to be clear, I haven't HAD daughters yet... I'm not medievally listing the male line on purpose) is now an adult. And I STILL haven't used a money cheat. I just HAD to say... although I know it excites no one but me. Also... just to mention, Alastor had a younger brother, Silas, who ended up falling in love with a guy at a young age who was super old (Ethan-- didn't name him). Very tragic. But his husband died fishing recently. And now Silas is an old man too. Very sad. Alastor is still with his high school sweetheart, Marlene (didn't name her). 

Anyway, I was FINALLY able to watch episode 5 of Weeds. Waiting is TORTURE! Especially because episode 6 has already happened by now. And don't think I haven't been checking the internet daily for these episodes. I have (don't judge). But I THINK grandpa has showtime on demand. HELLZ YEAAAH! Although he told me that I should hook up his DVD player when I get there because he hasn't figured it out. I wonder if that's within my capabilities. I'm inclined to think no but I DID hook up MY DVD player by myself. 

No comments: